Who's still going to CO! Looking for trail recommendation! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not sure if I can post this here...but...

With HIHX canceled, I am still planning to go to CO in the first week of August.

Looking for an experienced CO wheeler for trail recommendation!

I will be staying in Ouray.

My current itinerary is
  1. Day 0 - Are there any trails I can take from Durango to Ouray?
  2. Day 1. Black Bear -> Imogene Pass
  3. Day 2 Mineral Creek - Alpine Loop
  4. Day 3 Don't know yet. It'll be a half-day, I'm planning to head to Moab afterward

(PIC for attention. From my last trip HIH8)
PyJOpAP.jpg

zpArm8e.jpg

B1uQqXO.jpg

Last edited:
I'll be out there from the 22 -26th

Tacoma World has a Visiting Colorado information thread. I found it to be helpful.

You can’t go up to yankee boy basin I was just there and got stuck in snow took me almost 1h of digging to get out to much snow all over
Got another 2 months still

but I’m jealous you got to go there with all the snow, always wanted to go see it all white

That’s my truck in your second picture

Got another 2 months still

but I’m jealous you got to go there with all the snow, always wanted to go see it all white
It is really bad show is like fine ice you sink in it and will not move and i almost made to first turn it was realy steap barely turned around Another badone , before silvertone right when you get down 550 to the right there is mine I went to check it out and right in front it whole road is covered in snow and there is no way to turn around you must back up all the way dow i made 3 long stops to cool my brakes
I think it is to early and to dangerous to screw around that area

Is this year cooler than normal in CO? The weather in AR has been cooler and wetter than normal.

Planning to take the family to Colorado for these same trails in a few days. Wondering how busy Ouray, Silverton, Durango, Telluride are this time of year? I am guessing everyone is packing-in the National Parks and we're trying to go were the biggest crowds ain't.

Doing a similar trip at a similar time. HMM? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom