Who would attend this type of event? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SpaceGhost

GOLD Star
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
First off, this is an open discussion that follows some chatting Woody and I have been doing. We think it's a solid idea, but what do we know?

Attica, IN (Badlands Off Road Park), Cruiser swap meet with trail ride event. Thinking sometime in the late summer or fall. The idea is to maybe grow into some type of TLCA event for this area. I know we have GSMTR, so spare us the comparisons.

This would be a great time to have the clubs from all the neighboring states to actively promote their membership and recruite new members.

Because of the way Badlands is laid out, we could organize some activities to attract our less extreme Cruiser owners, and even the groups that prefer nice restos. Maybe some clinics on: Safety, wheeling basics for the first timers, mods and repairs, recovery techniques (I'm usually good for at least one good stuck or roll) and ?

Let your comments roll........................

Great idea!

I myself would be interested in attending an event that has some clinics. How often does one get a chance to get tips and tricks from the pros.

As long as it's nice and laid back. There are other event's out there that I've got no buisness at, being that they are a little hardcore. Mabye in time. Got to start with the basics though.

Great Idea!

I'd be interested in going. I like Attica for the fact that if I want to watch the extreme stuff I can drive most of the way  there and watch the Pro's. Attica also has trails for all levels of wheelers. I'd also be willing to help with this event.

I'll go if I got my junk built. I would love to see a yearly cruiser event at Attica.

I would have a concern if it became a TLCA event because the rules would keep a tube chassied rig like mine from going. The event should allow vehicles that would normally be able to run in Attica.

There are several of us in central Kentucky who would probably attend if it was late summer or early fall. It just needs to be seperated from GSMTR by a couple of months so our wives will forgive us. Probably 3-6 FJ40's. Hope you can pull it off, that would be great to have another event close by.

I agree with Rueben, About the event rules. I don't qualify for TLCA events because I don't have an E-brake.

yeah i dont agree either....mostly because im not a tlca member yet :p

I would love to see something like that. WCLC would come for sure. The swap meet could be a way for me to do something with all of these big parts that were donated to the club and a trail ride to get more folks interested. We have lots of stockish 80s and too-nice-to-wheel older cruisers around that would love an easy ride. and a chance to see SG, Woody and other real wheelers roll on Purgatory. :D
It sure would help grow our membership and I'm pretty much in for any Cruiser event at the Badlands.

My vote would be for a floating yearly gathering. One year it would be somewhere in the North, then West, then South, and then the East. Or in any order, doesn't really matter. That way we can all gather and get a taste of wheeling all over the country. And for those who can't travel it lets them attend at least every once in a while. We could take votes on locations. Is this feasible? Any comments?

Considering there is already GSMTR, Cruise Moab, an event in Paragon, BHCC, and some others, this is just one more opportunity for midwest Toy addicts to gather....

IMO, mid October is best....not too cool, misses all the other events, poison ivy is dormant ;) ....hehehehe

I think that is a good idea Mike.

I could probably round up about 6-8 rigs from Mid Ohio for that type of function.

You could probably get 4-5 rigs from Cincy ROR.

Are you thinking strictly cruiser?

Karl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom