Who wants to get outside for the March Club meeting??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everybody!!

Figured it was time to change it up a touch and get back outside! The March meeting will be on Saturday the 14th but instead of MAP I thought we could go somewhere and have a bonfire, snowball fight, build an igloo, drink some hot coco....you know, normal winter stuff! I'm not intending this to be any epic snow wheeling expedition so folks who just want to hit the meeting and head home are still interested. So where should we go???

Easy idea, Hyalite Reservoir parking lot and I'll find out how you reserve the pavilion there.

Another suggestion was down on the Madison. Someone thought it'd be fun to kick off the camping season early and do a Friday night campout and then collect people for the noon get together Saturday. I'm not positive on the camping situation and what's technically open but an interesting idea!! There is also a pavilion in the day use area and I believe fire pits around. Even if most folks didn't want to camp that could still be a good spot.

Where else???

Obviously weather that time of year could be full on winter or damn near summer-ish, so whatever location gets picked we will just make it happen (within reason)!!

So please chime in with ideas on locations!

Thanks,
Lax

Sounds fun! I'm game either place. I'll be a maybe as I'm not sure whether or not I'll be in town.

I like it. Camping or whatever sounds fun.
Hyalite sounds fun but can be a freakin goat show on the weekends.
I'll throw out Graycliff Campground and Missouri Headwaters Park for dry camping spots on the Maddi in March.

I’d be interested in coming out and I expect my wife would want to tag along as well.

I was just thinking about a meeting at Langhor Campground in Hyalite.
Since the campground is closed, there's probably no one there. Parking would be the challenge. But good sledding and snow fun around there.

For camping, I was curious so I called the Forest Service. Campgrounds, such as Langhor, that are "closed in winter" can still be used. Forest Service assured me that as long as my vehicle is not obstructing the main road, I can camp out at Langhor no problemo. So that sounded cool too.

I was just thinking about a meeting at Langhor Campground in Hyalite.
Since the campground is closed, there's probably no one there. Parking would be the challenge. But good sledding and snow fun around there.

For camping, I was curious so I called the Forest Service. Campgrounds, such as Langhor, that are "closed in winter" can still be used. Forest Service assured me that as long as my vehicle is not obstructing the main road, I can camp out at Langhor no problemo. So that sounded cool too.
Sweet! so is that an official plan then? camping out friday night up at hyalite?

Ok gang, big question at this point is weather...
Right now I’m seeing 24 degrees and 60% chance of snow for Saturday. Are folks still wanting to be outside?

I had been looking at Trapper Springs Pavilion out on the Madison, right across from the Red Mountain campground and last turn before the bridge. I checked it out this weekend and there’s no snow, it has fire rings and one fireplace, and is open for camping with lots of spots around the pavilion.
Hyalite could certainly work too

So our other option is to head for MAP Brewing and shoot for April to get outside...

What does everyone think???

I’ve talked to a few people and they’re saying skip it this month and head to MAP, which I can’t disagree with... I’ll give to tonight to make the official call. So chime in with your thoughts.

Alright, forecasted temp is dropping and the feedback I've received means the meeting is moving to MAP. We'll give it another shot in April.... I know it was optimistic to shoot for March but worth a shot.

I'll post up an official meeting thread. But we can continue this one for April!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom