Who is on this forum? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
Being a newcomer to the forum, I hesitate to appear impolite and prying, but then you all seem like such a nice bunch of folks that I for one think it would be great if we knew each other a bit more. I did a search to try and make sure that a similar thread would not have been done recently and didn't find anything, so here I go out on a limb. If out of line, don't hesitate (ah!) to let me know... Just hoping this may lead to some contacts and good references for questions that may be too specific to post on the whole forum. Not to mention good folks to meet on travel. (And don't get any ideas, I'm married already...<G> ) Well, if nobody is interested in following suit, at least you'll know who I am :)

Well, I'm from California. Sorry, no gearhead.

My first serious job on a car was while a student in College. Took an entire Toyota engine (Corona 80?) apart with only a hammer, a piece of wood and a crescent wrench <G>. No manual of course. Didn't know the overhead cam was doing 2 revolutions per cycle so I put it back out of phase. When I started the engine after reassembly, it sucked air in through the exhaust and belched it out through the carb... LOL Amazingly, when I took care of this trivial problem, it started on the first try!

what about you?
Eric

Eric - Look in the Chit Chat forum as there is actaully an entire long thread on this very topic. It's named "what do you do for a living" or something like that.

Welcome aboard, you are correct - a good bunch of folks on here.

Riley

ooops, OK, you are right, didn't come up in my search. Sorry about the repetition.
Hmmm maybe we oughta change this thread to
"First funny experience working on a 80/100?" or something like it? <G>
Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom