Who is heading to Hundreds in the Hills - Silverton, CO? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm planning to roll out of Lakeway on the 25th, camp near Fort Stanton, NM that night (to get out of the heat, high=80 and low=62), and then on into Silverton on the 26th. This detour should add less than an hour to the total drive. Albuquerque will still be blazing ass hot. This camp is on BLM land up at 6200 feet just East of White Sands so it should be pretty nice for an overnight spot.
Off like a herd of turtles! :turtle:

I passed through that neck of the woods on our way to Durango a few weeks back, ended up camping near Valley of Fires just an a bit past Fort Stanton and it was a great stopping off spot. Some awesome views and cool little towns along 380.

Do they still have any fires burning through there?

I passed through that neck of the woods on our way to Durango a few weeks back, ended up camping near Valley of Fires just an a bit past Fort Stanton and it was a great stopping off spot. Some awesome views and cool little towns along 380.

I'm not sure, but that is a great point. I will check on that. Thanks!

Thanks for the tip. I'm now camping at Valley of Fire on Monday night. I've never camped next to a lava flow before!

@AustinJoe i don’t think you’ll be disappointed, beautiful views all around and you have the option to camp up high on the ridge (windy) or down low and protected.
Really awesome drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom