Who are these two? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Junior driving and me looking!

i DO know i took the photo.. funny how it ended up on there and with no credits.. oh well very cool still.

I have to chime in on this...

The TLCA (and the magazine TT) is a HORRIBLE offender of not crediting photographs, and in some cases actually getting the credits wrong. I may be over sensitive to this issue as I am a professional photographer, but I do think it's a major problem. In fact, you will never find one of my photos in TT because of this...In this age of the digital world where everyone thinks content should be free, photographers, writers, musicians, ect...all need to speak up about this, even when its in small publication such as TT or on the TLCA website. Lastly, when people find their photographs on TLCA's website (or any other site/mag) or in TT without the proper credits, its important you contact them and call them out on it. I would never 'go after' TLCA for using an image without permission/credits, but I would however tell them to credit the photo, or stop using it.

sorry, just my .02 cents....

Last edited:
I have to chime in on this...

The TLCA (and the magazine TT) is a HORRIBLE offender of not crediting photographs, and in some cases actually getting the credits wrong. I may be over sensitive to this issue as I am a professional photographer, but I do think it's a major problem. In fact, you will never find one of my photos in TT because of this...In this age of the digital world where everyone thinks content should be free, photographers, writers, musicians, ect...all need to speak up about this, even when its in small publication such as TT or on the TLCA website. Lastly, when people find their photographs on TLCA's website (or any other site/mag) or in TT without the proper credits, its important you contact them and call them out on it. I would never 'go after' TLCA for using an image without permission/credits, but I would however tell them to credit the photo, or stop using it.

sorry, just my .02 cents....

i agree with everything you posted.. i'm not pissed.. but i will make a mention to the website for sure. i'm not "professional" but i'm pretty serious when it comes to taking pics.

Can't believe that they would use a pic of my junk, there are much better looking trucks out there. Would have been nice if they obscured the license plate for me.

Just to play devils advocate, but, shouldn't you put a signature on pics before posting on the inter web?

Can't believe that they would use a pic of my junk, there are much better looking trucks out there. Would have been nice if they obscured the license plate for me.

Just to play devils advocate, but, shouldn't you put a signature on pics before posting on the inter web?

Yes, that is one way to make sure you get photo credit. Every digital file has the capability to be tagged with information that cannot be erased. (meta data) Every image that comes through my computer gets tagged with all my info and copy-rite. However, it still not visible on the image so 'signing' the image is indeed the best way to ensure you get photo credit. HOWEVER, the TLCA would still be a fault (even if he signed the image) for not contacting the owner, and asking them to use it. Signature or no signature, they still didn't have permission to post it....that's the underlying issue here.

This picture originally appeared in the January/February 2010 issue of TT with photo credit to Mark Anderson. Once submitted to the magazine they have the rights to use it on their website. It was part of the Fall Gathering write up that I submitted with my own photos as well as ones Mark gave and credit was given for photos used. Just my 2 cents. The only photos I see on their website that give credit to the photographer are the ones that can be used as wallpaper such as the picture from the 2008 FG that is on the site.

Sheri

This picture originally appeared in the January/February 2010 issue of TT with photo credit to Mark Anderson. Once submitted to the magazine they have the rights to use it on their website. It was part of the Fall Gathering write up that I submitted with my own photos as well as ones Mark gave and credit was given for photos used. Just my 2 cents. The only photos I see on their website that give credit to the photographer are the ones that can be used as wallpaper such as the picture from the 2008 FG that is on the site.

Sheri

I didn't know this. It definitely changes things. IF upon submission they stated, in writing, that by submitting this image 'you' agree that the image can be used in print or on web, then that is one thing. I still think it's bad they don't give Mark credit on the website photo. It's still just wrong, unless of coarse they paid for it, which they didn't.

Anyway, its a lot of conversation just for some images on the TLCA website, but its still a good and necessary conversation. A lot of photographers and creative folk are getting screwed left and right in the online media world. Musicians have it worst. A lot needs to change. Change starts with the general public being educated and made aware that just because it's digital, doesn't mean its free.

just my .02 !!! (again)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom