Where to Mount a Ham Radio in a Second Gen? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

76FJ40

Old Fart
SILVER Star
Threads
Does anyone have a great solution to this problem? If so, please post pics.

I mounted my radio in the space just below the AC/Heater Dials. I mounted my CB in the footwell on the passenger side (not ideal) I was going to mount it in my center console, but I actually store stuff in the console.

here is a link to how it looks and the install.

Thanks for the input; that's a very clean installation.

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that location. I searched TW and didn't find that thread.

My main unit is under the drivers seat and the walkie part is mounted next to the drivers wheel. Get a good antenna. Makes all the difference
I fabricated a mount for the transceiver to fit in the driver's side bed storage box. Coax run to antenna is only 3 feet to the side of the bed for a quad band mount. I ran control wire for the head unit to mount by my right knee.
73's. K0KH

I replaced the double DIN factory radio in mine and the new insert had a pocket under the new single DIN radio that fits a mobile radio face nice. It might be possible to fit a complete radio here if it's not too deep. It would be close with my CS800D, might stick out a bit. The body is under the seat, though.

IMG_1465.png

Put one in the slot ahead of the shifter on my truck, too. A complete radio wouldn't likely fit here. The face for my Tk-8180 (primary use is GMRS) is pushed almost all way back. MIght be 6 or 8 inches deep I'd guess. Body of the radio is also under the seat.

IMG_2306.png

I ended up going with the Ram mount pictured above and the Ram "X" mount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom