wheel/tire size issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is anyone running an 80 with 15 inch wheels? For what tires cost alone for 16 inch wheels, one could get 15 inch wheels and tires of a similar outside width and diameter. I am considering 285/75 R 16s (maybe 305/70 R 16s) or 33 x 11.5 x 15s (maybe 33 x 12.5 x 15s). I plan to buy five wheel/tire combos to avoid VC issues. With a good quality tire and wheel it seems as if 15s and 16s should have the same sidewall strangth. Ride Quality ??? Anyone done this or know of any issues of running 15s versus 16s. Thanks in advance for the help!

You'd have to grind down the rotors.

[quote author=wob link=board=2;threadid=4615;start=msg34793#msg34793 date=1061823337]
You'd have to grind down the rotors.
[/quote]

It is the rear calupers that get in the way. With 2" or less backspacing you might get away with it, but you probably still have to grind. Also not all wheels are the same and it would require test fitting different ones until you get the right one. Not worth it in my option. Pay the extra money for 16" tires.

After substantial test fit, if you want to go with sissy tires, they will fit after grinding, but with big tires and less bs, you'll have issues. :'(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom