Wheel spacer source and size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlieS

GOLD Star
Threads
I understand there is a debate about wheel spacers. I'm not trying to reignite that debate.

At the moment, I need wheel spacers for my steelies to clear my extended sway bar mount.

I have a set of 1" spacers that I was going to use, but the front wheel studs are a bit too long, and the steel wheels don't have a hollow like some of the alloys do, so that won't work. 1.25" is my minimum thickness to accommodate this.

I'm supposed to go on a trip leaving this week. And I need to put a bit of time on all my recent updates before leaving. I'm running out of time.

I live in Vermont, and no business nearby will have what I need. I'd gladly drive to NH, Maine, Massachusetts or New York if someone has what I need.

So what I think I need are four 1.25", 6x5.5, 108 bore, wheel spacers. These are lug centric, not hub centric. Please correct this if I am off...

The big question - Do you know of anyone in this part of the Northeast that may stock spacers like this?

Amazon can't get me anything until Wednesday, and I assume I'll have the same issue with mountain and west coast shops like Cruiser Outfitters and Slee.

My distant and not preferred plan B is to grind off the ends of the front studs and use the 1" spacers that I have already. I don't like that at all.

IMG_5284.jpeg
image.jpg

Last edited:
I got mine from Motorsport Tech. Very good stuff. I live in Reno so I went to the shop and picked them up. Look at their website. For the contact information. Sometimes they are there on weekends. Worth a try. Maybe they could send overnight expensive.

Personally, I wouldn't mind nipping off that little extra bit you have sticking out past the spacer, to clear the back of the wheel. Use a porta band though. Don't use cutoff wheel or anything else that will generate heat. As long as you have full nut hanging onto the stud (the nut that holds the spacer on) your good. The extra little bit hanging past the nut is not doing anybody any good anyway.

Slee sells the Spidertrax 1.5” spacers for our rigs.

I don’t know why they couldn’t FexEx them at your expense, plus a few bucks for their hassle.

But I bet they’re closed on the weekends.

Maybe someone on here has a set on a garage shelf that can sell them, then just re-buy them next week if they’re not time sensitive like you are. 🤷‍♂️

I checked before posting, and Slee isn't open on weekends.

I think I'm going to cut the front studs down.

I cut about 1/4" of the tapered unthreaded tip of the front studs off and it worked great. A bit nervewracking, but effective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom