What's it worth??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After looking all over the internet, the prices on 60's seem to run the full gambit.

What I would like to know is what do you thinkn a 1985 FJ 60 with 65K original miles, one owner, all service records, in great shape all the way around, is worth?

It's worth giving me the guy's number so I can buy it.

You buying or selling cracker??? Always best to post up some pics and detailed description. So many things come into play..... obviously rust, and mechanics but does it leak? Are the springs sagged? Hows the interior? Hows the paint?

the rest of the story

I am looking to buy one and ship it Alaska( where I live). This one looks to be perfectly maintained, zero rust, garage kept, very old man living on a golf course owner, never wheeled....etc. etc. NICE!

What I am wondering is how much do you think is too much for such a fine speciman?

I am too computer retarded to upload a photo. I am at work and those photos are saved on the State server. I am sure I am not welcome to upload anything from this server to the internet. I will try it from home tonight.

Also depends on how savvy the owner is and if he knows what it's worth. Offer him $2K and see if he'll bite. Heck, all he needs is greens fees and Metamucil.

Oh he may be old but he is not stupid. He is asking 10K for the ride and he is in no hurry to sell it for less.....Ouch....!

crackerjack said:
After looking all over the internet, the prices on 60's seem to run the full gambit.

What I would like to know is what do you thinkn a 1985 FJ 60 with 65K original miles, one owner, all service records, in great shape all the way around, is worth?

I bought mine with all record and 50000 ish miles and paid 10000 ish. If the maint is good go for it but you can find a well cared for 150000 rig for alot less money that would be just as good.

I wanted a trail rig and find that it hurts my feelings when I hear a twig from a tree screeeech along the paint. If you want a 'new' fj60 expect to pay abunch. If i could do it again, I would get a high mileage cared for and maintained, lifted, locked, and loaded for just about half the money.

I'm looking for one myself, and if I saw this rig, I'd buy it if the color was right (tan). I've had chances to buy cheaper, but like others have said, rust and maintenence are big factors, especially rust. So I'm holding out for a zero rust, well maintained 60, and am willing to fork out the money. I just wrecked my '85 FJ60, that has 268K miles on it, and the drive train is still going strong. Heck, if you pay $10K for yours, you can drive it nearly forever, and in the long run have a very inexpensive vehicle.

I would think you should be able to find something for $5k in excellent condition with near 150k or less. $10k is high. They were like $16k new. I have a rust free 60 with 200k, runs strong with faded brown paint that when I get it all cleaned up hope to get 3 to 4k this spring. If a person put another 6k into it they could have a real nice upgraded rig. Then again, 10k would buy you a built rig that someone probably has way more into. TOY 350 has a sweet SO, V8 with an crawl box and is entertaining offers. I know you would be hard pressed to build that rig for what you could buy it for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom