what to look for when buying? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking at some sammis locally, but I'm not exactly sure what to look for. What should I keep an eye out for? How long does a typical sammi engine stay "strong"? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

sammi's left the factory not strong,but they are a blast in the woods,make sure the tranny doesn't make any horrible noises,and shifts nice,check the transfer case shift action they tend to get hard to shift between 4wd and 2wd(easy fix though) the rockers rust out if it still has the factory plastic rocker covers on,and trhe wheel wells rust out behind the flares,the floors rot a little in the back and behind the front seat,and in the footwells other than that you can pound them silly and they just keep goin and goin. There actually like a 3/4 scale fj40 when you get to lookin closer at them. oh yeah and they break transfer case mounts and occasionaly motor mounts if abused hard LOW RANGE OFFROAD has everything you could ever want and are good guys to deal with check em out

i agree with rattlecan78. the main thing to watch out for is rust. manual tranny can be rebuilt for 300-400. new transfer cases with lower gears are aroung 500-1000.

What do you plan on using it for? what type of wheeling?

Remember for the price of a fourwheeler you can have a nicely built sammy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom