1987 Samurai Restomod TOAD Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
youtube.com
Oh, one project is close to done?

Might as well start another...

Good friend was sick of looking at this, and gave it to me to "do something with"

Been sitting on a ranch 5+ years, frame is mint, body is toast, but somehow it runs and drives decent.. Stock 1.3L with weber and ghetto fabbed exhaust

Gonna be a fun project, wanted one of these since i was little.

As for what direction, i am going to go with it... Not a clue yet.

Let the games begin:

sammy_06042023.jpg

Those are some odd places to be rusting through.

Those are some odd places to be rusting through.

Absolutely!

None of this truck makes sense, but i know the history and its been with the same owner 15 years or so...

Frame is immaculate, ive never seen one this clean

The body is in awesome condition in all the USUAL rust spots, BUT it has severe massive rot in really odd places that dont make sense.

Drivers door is basically flawless, drivers door has a hole i can put my leg through

Passenger side of tub where it meets the windshield is mint, right said, massive rot..

Fenders are mostly perfect, hood has gaping hole in it.

Its all super bizarre really and i cant figure it out

Oh well

Nice project, i'm never complaining about the body on mine ever again lol.

Looks fairly complete, and doesn't look like you'll have a bunch of the PO's bubba mods to undo.

Nice project, i'm never complaining about the body on mine ever again lol.

Looks fairly complete, and doesn't look like you'll have a bunch of the PO's bubba mods to undo.

Ha.. Thanks…

It’s all 100% bone stock (other than Weber, ghetto exhaust and front tow bar BS) and complete.

Everything works, all the lights signals, etc…

Just removed the notorious door hinge bolts and even those werent as bad as expected.

More details/pics soon

Last edited:
I can vouch for the 3K carb swap over the Weber. My samurai with the Toyota 3k runs so much better than my old Weber’d samurai ever did

I can vouch for the 3K carb swap over the Weber. My samurai with the Toyota 3k runs so much better than my old Weber’d samurai ever did

Thanks man.

Will be ordering one for sure. Not even remotely a fan of webers.

Thanks for the feedback

After a bunch of going back and forth on the best way to get this a strong runner, i decided to tank out the carbbed 1.3L and put swap in an EFI 1.6L

Took front clip off mine, found a donor tracker and the madness begins:

16v_forum6.jpg

16v_forum5.jpg

16v_forum4.jpg

Sooooo..

I got the 1.6L 16v out of the Tracker and it needs a FULL resealing.

Compression is perfect, but whoever resealed it last did a hack job and its leaking out of every orifice on the motor.

Also, the water inlet pipe on the back of the water pump housing is roasted and the block will need a good cleaning before its replaced.

The exhaust manifold is also cracked to all hell. I eventually planned on headers, but this will speed up that decision.

motoryank1.jpg

motoryank2.jpg

motoryank3.jpg

motoryank4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom