What to do with “Marge”. The little green truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My older son turns 30 next month. I bought him this little 92 Toyota at 16. It was an awesome little truck. He drove it ten years, wrecked it on day one, totaled it a few months later. We kept it and put it back together with a rebuilt title. He’s driving a new Rav4 now And loves it.
0F76814F-07B2-4BC4-8703-306A9778B803.jpeg

7 years later the younger one is ready. I find a 93 just like it only different color. Both obviously 4wd, also automatic and 22RE. Actually kind of rare. He named her “Marge” right from day one. The white was low miles. Less than 200k when we sold it. Marge had 250k ish and now has 315k. The little 22RE is getting pretty weak. We traded for a nice little Scion TC at work and I traded him back the truck for the TC. He was moving out and it was time for something a little more reliable and may be a little more modern. He loves the TC. Still loves Marge too. Marge needs an engine or rebuild though. 80 psi on one cylinder. She still runs but has a bad miss at idle. Drives great still though. Well, as great as a 28 year old 300k truck should. But Marge is taking up space in the driveway (not really a big deal) , but I’m torn as to what to do with her. I do love these trucks. So simple and reliable. Even on three and a half cylinders I loaded her up with junk over the top of the roof completely full bed to hall off to the dump recently. It cost a whopping 3 dollars every 6 months for her stay on the insurance. I‘d kind of like to either replace the engine or rebuild the one in it, just not sure I want to put the money (while not a huge concern, a concern none the less) or the time into another project vehicle. I’ve had a few throughout my years. We could sell her off, and in today’s market she would probably fetch a pretty good amount. Or maybe just not do anything and keep her around just in case. In case of what I don’t know. For sure though I don’t want her to just rot away.
EFB42A9E-3007-4BD5-9703-6FB831DC1D29.jpeg

0228BC8E-7CC1-4F6D-B365-CB53C177AEBD.jpeg

E5EC11DD-B124-4FF1-9E58-E4147D5EEB01.jpeg

212AD733-E6DC-48DE-A88E-43EE758887E6.jpeg

Last edited:
only because no one else responded..... tons and 40s?

3rz swap it and you dd it?

If this is your only truck then I will say you can do an engine swap pretty easily and certainly cheaper than getting any other pickup that you can care about. Go crazy and get some good bear and pizza and invite your friends who have a engine hoist and like to hang out with you for a day. Rebuilt engines aren't too expensive.

Cut her loose today after online auction. Shipped off from Ky to Iowa. Hope someone else enjoys for a while. Used the money to go towards a replacement commuter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom