What is this plant? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
Any idea what this is? Oddly, it grew inside my compost barrel. In the dark. On long thin ivy-like stems. Might be from a seed from some exotic food experiment by the Boss.

IMG_4539.JPG

Any idea what this is? Oddly, it grew inside my compost barrel. In the dark. On long thin ivy-like stems. Might be from a seed from some exotic food experiment by the Boss.

View attachment 2702223

PlantNet says it is most likely a sweet potato but could be a morning glory also.

wow, you guys are good, the leaves for both do indeed look a lot like mine. We did indeed put some bits of sweet potatoes in the compost, whereas we don't have (don't know of) any morning glory nearby, so the former is much more likely out of the 2. However, I do see that morning glory and its cousins can be quite invasive so better be careful if it's the latter. Tempted to replant the freak thing to see what will happen...

confirmed. Grew out of sweet potatoes that were thrown out. Pretty tough stuff, the vines started to creep out of the compost bin... Might make for a good terror sci-fi movie. Better keep an eye on that one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom