What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (68 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How did the carpet turn out? Did it come as clean you you expected it too

Carpet looks pretty good overall. There's still some light staining on the carpet around/under the amp under the passenger's seat but it's significantly improved. I'll hit it again periodically to see if it keeps getting better.

It does still stink, however. I checked on it again yesterday and there's a strong smell of dog and coffee. I'll fill the carpets with baking soda tomorrow and let it sit a few days before sucking it back out.

Go to your local dealer and ask the service manager what’s the product his Detailer use.. try that!

Or.... REMOVE the carpet(best but can keep it in) you can saturate and agitate the carpet with Purple Power degreaser(leave for at least 1 hr)... make sure it’s SOAKED THROUGH TO THE PAD. Come back and vacuum with your wet/vac allow to dry...

Come back on the next day and shampoo with a pine cleaner as usual and I’ guaranteed it’ll take the smell out! If not it’s straight up rotten!!!

Took the cruiser up around Saint Marys before trail closures start

IMG_20181020_124044.PSD.jpg

Carpet looks pretty good overall. There's still some light staining on the carpet around/under the amp under the passenger's seat but it's significantly improved. I'll hit it again periodically to see if it keeps getting better.

It does still stink, however. I checked on it again yesterday and there's a strong smell of dog and coffee. I'll fill the carpets with baking soda tomorrow and let it sit a few days before sucking it back out.
You might try an Ozone generator. They are available for about $70 on Amazon. It's a electrical box that you turn on, close the windows and doors, and let it run for 8-12 hours. It might take a couple of times if the odors are very persistent.
I used this:

https://www.amazon.com/Enerzen-Comm...id=1541967292&sr=8-3&keywords=ozone+generator

Good luck,
Dave

You might try an Ozone generator. They are available for about $70 on Amazon. It's a electrical box that you turn on, close the windows and doors, and let it run for 8-12 hours. It might take a couple of times if the odors are very persistent.
I used this:

https://www.amazon.com/Enerzen-Comm...id=1541967292&sr=8-3&keywords=ozone+generator

Good luck,
Dave

My 100 smells like cinnamon. Two interior details in the last 18 months and the smell went away considerably, but is still there. It's stronger when it's warm. Probably 17 years worth of cinnamon air freshener. I just purchased that Enerzen and did three 30 minute treatments so far. Is it safe to let it run for that long with our old interiors?

I swapped my factory rear coils and Slee 30mm spacers for OME 2865 coils. The ride height is essentially the same (I'm about a 1/4" higher with the new coils), but I wanted the higher spring rate for when I carried a bit of weight. After letting the springs settle and re-adjusting my torsion bars, my hub to fender measurements are 22" in the rear and 20.75" up front. The ride and droop are good so I think I'll stick with a bit over 1" of rake.

Outside of that, it's been pretty quiet in my garage.

IMG_4002-2.JPG

My 100 smells like cinnamon. Two interior details in the last 18 months and the smell went away considerably, but is still there. It's stronger when it's warm. Probably 17 years worth of cinnamon air freshener. I just purchased that Enerzen and did three 30 minute treatments so far. Is it safe to let it run for that long with our old interiors?
I think I went in two hour treatments. This was quite a while ago, but I seem to remember a 2 hour timer on the unit. I was dealing with dog odors, and it kept getting better with each treatment. The ozone generator leaves a chemical smell not chlorine but in that family. The next day when that smell dissipated, the odor was essentially gone. This was a older car as well. There may be a limit of safe exposure for various plastics and other interior materials, and you should research that a little. I personally saw no ill effects as a result of my treatment.
Good luck,
Dave

I am at 147K. I purchased the vehicle when it had 124K. I know the timing belt had been done but I didn't know when. I figured I would do a 150K service. I did the timing belt, water pump and related pulleys that came in the Aisin TKT-021 kit. Once I took the fan bracket out the bearing was making noise. I ended up doing the fan bracket, serpentine built, replaced the alternator brushes, installed new spark plugs and new upper and lower radiator hoses. I had an awesome local mudder give me a hand on Thursday and Friday. I was just buttoning up the bottom skid plates this evening and found one of those rubber donuts for the spark plugs that had fallen off during install. As luck would have it the piece was missing from the back cylinder on the drivers side. I disassembled and got it all back together. I flushed the radiator and went back with Toyota Red. Heading to Big Bend State Park this weekend. That place is a long way from anywhere so I should be good to go.
IMG_4206.JPG

IMG_4207.JPG
IMG_4209.JPG

I am at 147K. I purchased the vehicle when it had 124K. I know the timing belt had been done but I didn't know when. I figured I would do a 150K service. I did the timing belt, water pump and related pulleys that came in the Aisin TKT-021 kit. Once I took the fan bracket out the bearing was making noise. I ended up doing the fan bracket, serpentine built, replaced the alternator brushes, installed new spark plugs and new upper and lower radiator hoses. I had an awesome local mudder give me a hand on Thursday and Friday. I was just buttoning up the bottom skid plates this evening and found one of those rubber donuts for the spark plugs that had fallen off during install. As luck would have it the piece was missing from the back cylinder on the drivers side. I disassembled and got it all back together. I flushed the radiator and went back with Toyota Red. Heading to Big Bend State Park this weekend. That place is a long way from anywhere so I should be good to go.View attachment 1829660
View attachment 1829675 View attachment 1829661
Nice job!. Can I ask, was alternator giving issue or was this just a PM?

Just a PM. I wanted to ensure the Toyota alternator lasts a long time.
Did my mid trip, cold houston, alternator replacement story scare you :rofl:

You guys driving through AZ for the trip? Let me know

How do you like the 1Up?

My Yakima's about to give it up after 13 years of service and I need a new rack.
I absolutely LOVE my 1up...the thing is bulletbroof and easy to use. My issue has been how to use it with the Slee bumper...it’s a major pita with the swingouts

BC44408F-DCAE-4FD6-8506-0F1111285742.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom