What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (25 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I used my (questionable) sewing skills to install Luncky steering wheel wraps on each truck. The first one took me about 3 hours, the second about 2 hours. Vast improvement over the original worn leather on the Melon and good protection for the original wrap on Luna, which is in excellent shape.

View attachment 1830282

That looks fantastic. Either you are a very good sewing person (sewer?), or that's a great kit.
Great job,
Dave

View attachment 1830059View attachment 1830060 What do you guys think? White,yellow or maybe try a amber tint. I’m not really digging the yellow.

Coincidental? Maybe not.

I was just posting that I changed the fog light bulbs to Optilux Extreme Yellow XY 9006 bulbs.

According to the experts over on Candle Power Forums, these are "poor-quality junk" since there are no "good yellow bulbs, only a variety of trash."

Because the stock 9006ers don't do much anyway, my LC will be just another poser w/ these European wannabe yellow "off road use only" $15 lights. As expected! Ahem.

Optilux-Extreme-Yellow-XY-bulbs.jpg

Well how did they do when you put them in. I was trying to find a better light for the fog up here in the mountains.

I just used some yellow wrap that I got off Amazon in mine. Still have the white leds in the light. I would really like to match the amber in the side of my 05 headlights. Anyone here tried amber leds or something similar?

I just used some yellow wrap that I got off Amazon in mine. Still have the white leds in the light. I would really like to match the amber in the side of my 05 headlights. Anyone here tried amber leds or something similar?

Hey, hope you know I wasn't being critical of what you did. The guys over on CPF recommend what you did or to "paint" the lenses with an amber solution as the best alternatives if you can do it evenly. They get into the science of lights over there which I greatly appreciate. (When I put some Vosla 9012s +30 in later this week for low beams, I hope they turn out better than the old 9012s in there now.) Anyway, there are some new Sylvania FogVisions that have come out that might be a little better than I put in, but the problem is there really isn't any European equivalent available in the U.S. The general feeling is that there isn't a market for them so no one makes a high-quality amber bulb that is DOT approved. Maybe the light experts on here can weigh in with suggestions.

Busy week for me. I'm getting ready for a trip to Colorado to do the Rimrocker trail and pick up a Conqueror UEV 490, so I used that as an excuse to beef up the rig. In the last 3 weeks I've done:
  1. Installed Dissent Rear Bumper!
  2. Installed the BT45 Toy bluetooth
  3. Adjusted AHC pressures and leveled ride
  4. Installed a RedArc brake controller
  5. Installed a 6gage charging plug for the trailer
  6. Installed Ruff Tuff seat covers
  7. Removed the exhaust resonator and installed a new AP exhaust.
  8. Picked up a Viair 400p
  9. Full detail in and out
  10. Had an early Thanksgiving with the Family!
I think I'm ready.
20181107_142749.jpg
20181107_135109.jpg
20181106_080411.jpg

Hey, hope you know I wasn't being critical of what you did. The guys over on CPF recommend what you did or to "paint" the lenses with an amber solution as the best alternatives if you can do it evenly. They get into the science of lights over there which I greatly appreciate. (When I put some Vosla 9012s +30 in later this week for low beams, I hope they turn out better than the old 9012s in there now.) Anyway, there are some new Sylvania FogVisions that have come out that might be a little better than I put in, but the problem is there really isn't any European equivalent available in the U.S. The general feeling is that there isn't a market for them so no one makes a high-quality amber bulb that is DOT approved. Maybe the light experts on here can weigh in with suggestions.
Not at all.. A little constructive criticism is good..I never have thought my fogs worked that great on my 99 and now on the 05..In heavy snow or dense fog they were pretty much useless..I tried brighter and whiter but I think that made it worse..I saw a rig on here with yellow and I liked the looks of it ..I asked the guy what he did and he told me about the film you can put on the lights..I tried it this weekend but it just doesn't look right in the daylight..I might try some amber colored this weekend with some amber colored lights...I'll see how it goes..

I think if you plasti-dip your bumper / trims white like mine, it'll look cleaner. My OEM housing was hazing up, but it looks new with the film ontop of it.
iTyFwbA.jpg

I don't understand the yellow fog lights. I get the theory... but I just can't stand the way they look.... they scream: fart cannon, broken body kit, and 90's honda @CruiseLanderAZ am I alone on this one?

Nope, not the only one...I feel the same about plastidip.

I think plastidip has it's uses... like on the handles of my wrenches. Or even painting the stand alone letters on the hatch, no sane human wants to mask off "L A N D C R U I S E R"

I think plastidip has it's uses... like on the handles of my wrenches. Or even painting the stand alone letters on the hatch, no sane human wants to mask off "L A N D C R U I S E R"
I think @KraziAzn is one of the better looking rigs personally. The all white with that yellow pops. I would say functionality becomes secondary with fogs that don’t do ish and dinged up trim.

I think @KraziAzn is one of the better looking rigs personally. The all white with that yellow pops. I would say functionality becomes secondary with fogs that don’t do ish and dinged up trim.

to each their own I guess :hmm:

Obviously the reaction to KraziAzn truck's appearance is a matter of personal opinion. I usually don't like Plastidip, and I usually don't like yellow lenses. However in an all white vehicle, both of these items are at an advantage: the Plastidip integrates very well in white, and the yellow lenses add a splash of color to a colorless vehicle. These attributes would not apply to most paint schemes. Anyway, when I first saw the white truck, I thought it looked very nice and the yellow lights work.
Just my two cents.
Good luck,
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom