What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (45 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Electrical is done...... the fuel gauge will just sit there for awhile. Now on to hanging the tank and putting in the dual filler.
View attachment 1828692
Made some spacers for the Kenwood TM-281A to fit in the din size.
View attachment 1828691
After all done, this is all that’s left of that metal support.
View attachment 1828690
The dual filler is in and it’s a bear to get in there. It took 10mins to get the single filler out and 90 minutes to get the dual in.
447AAB57-5FBC-40DB-ADFD-C10BB538CBE2.jpeg

Thank goodness that’s done.
546D71D1-F840-4FA4-8159-BE29B947ADAE.jpeg

My son here is doing the 3 pin Delphi connectors.
60852715-EA08-4D9D-842C-A7056F421357.jpeg

You will spend a lot of time in this position. The trick is to get the top of the filler inside the wheel well by getting the tubes as close to the axis of the frame cross member. And yes the tire had to come off. I’ll provide the steps later.
6952976B-C55E-48CB-9B4B-C2C7E775AE69.jpeg

Here a shot from where the aux tank will sit looking out the wheel well.
FEDF8637-4300-4C61-B71D-B61EF1063BCF.jpeg

A shot of the main tank connections which was the easy part.

The dual filler is in and it’s a bear to get in there. It took 10mins to get the single filler out and 90 minutes to get the dual in.
View attachment 1829831
Thank goodness that’s done.
View attachment 1829832
My son here is doing the 3 pin Delphi connectors.
View attachment 1829833
You will spend a lot of time in this position. The trick is to get the top of the filler inside the wheel well by getting the tubes as close to the axis of the frame cross member. And yes the tire had to come off. I’ll provide the steps later.
View attachment 1829834
Here a shot from where the aux tank will sit looking out the wheel well.
View attachment 1829835
A shot of the main tank connections which was the easy part.
Looks like a awesome project. Where'd you source the dual filler from? Are you going to do a full write up when you complete your dual tank setup?

Looks like a awesome project. Where'd you source the dual filler from? Are you going to do a full write up when you complete your dual tank setup?
Thanks, I got the neck from Cruiserparts in NH. I just got lucky and found one. I’ll do a write up after I get it done and confirmed as working properly.

Got all the fluids on my new to me 2001 LX470 baselined, T's replaced, removed side steps and got 285/75r16 KO2s on there. It's replacing my trusty 2002 4runner as an MTB adventure rig. So far so good.

IMG_6737.jpg

I absolutely LOVE my 1up...the thing is bulletbroof and easy to use. My issue has been how to use it with the Slee bumper...it’s a major pita with the swingouts

View attachment 1829763

Agreed with the PITA part but that’s for all hitch racks. I’m going to mod the spare swingout so the rack swings out with it. Stand by...

What adapter drops it down?

Got the adapter from Amazon, seems to work well enough. I'd suggest an anti-wobble clamp setup to keep the adapter steady
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007448NC2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Agreed with the PITA part but that’s for all hitch racks. I’m going to mod the spare swingout so the rack swings out with it. Stand by...

yup, I definitely don't hold it against the rack, just the nature of the bumper. Normally my rack lives on my 80, that is pretty much stock, so it is a lot less of a pain.

Last edited:
Got the adapter from Amazon, seems to work well enough. I'd suggest an anti-wobble clamp setup to keep the adapter steady
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007448NC2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

yup, I definitely don't hold it against the rack, just the nature of the offroad bumper. Normally my rack lives on my 80, that is pretty much stock, so it is a lot less of a pain.

I just wish that Yakima/Kuat, etc would make a "longer" neck so adapters weren't necessary. I originally had to do that drop hitch and then a 12" extension. Rack would wobble like crazy even with anti-wobble clamps. I finally had to invert my Yakima Hold-Up so that it sweeps down instead of up so that my swingouts would clear. Yakima advised against it. But, I welded it up real good and it's held very well.

95B3A332-0123-4D98-9863-17824137E60E.jpeg
B22F14E7-EBAC-478F-B113-FD01E00C0588.jpeg
What do you guys think? White,yellow or maybe try a amber tint. I’m not really digging the yellow.

IMG_1109.JPG
IMG_1111.JPG

I finished my re-upholstery of my front seat cushions. I added 1/2" of foam on the 3 center panels and both bolsters. It's too cold here now, but I will play with heat when the weather gets warmer to minimize wrinkles.
My first picture shows the view of the seat bottom. In order to remove the cushion frame you don't need to disconnect all the electrical connections to motors, etc. Really only the seat heater connector at the back needs disconnection. There are several support clamps which hold cables to the seat springs, and they need to be opened. Then there are just 4 bolts that retain the seat cushion. It's still a lot of work and I can see why the labor would be expensive.
Here's the source of the kit:
Toyota Land Cruiser Drivers Seat Bottom 1998-2004 Factory Grey Leather OE Fit | eBay
Thanks,
Dave

Last edited:
I think the yellow looks good.

What's in your low beams, though? Looks pretty bright white.
They are some cheap leds I picked up on Amazon. The fogs are led also. It probably should look better if the lights were yellow also. Too much white showing through imho. I think I’ll try amber colored film with the amber fogs this week and see how I like them.

Did you sew it on or did it just stick?
Just some stick on vinyl I got off Amazon. I’m going to try the Amber later on this week. There’s a new fog light out that switches from amber to white I might give a try.

Removed the XenonDepot HID kit from a 2005 LX470. After some better research and frustrating results with rain, snow, and fog conditions, found this was not a good investment. Daniel Stern's article sealed the deal.

That said, I only did the HID kit, and cannot speak for those adding a clear lens or going full out with a lens and projector swap. Kuddos to them, beyond my skill set. Their photo results and written praise seem to show it works. So that is my caution for anyone investigating- do the full swap.

I used my (questionable) sewing skills to install Luncky steering wheel wraps on each truck. The first one took me about 3 hours, the second about 2 hours. Vast improvement over the original worn leather on the Melon and good protection for the original wrap on Luna, which is in excellent shape.

Luna wheel.jpg

Removed the XenonDepot HID kit from a 2005 LX470. After some better research and frustrating results with rain, snow, and fog conditions, found this was not a good investment. Daniel Stern's article sealed the deal.

That said, I only did the HID kit, and cannot speak for those adding a clear lens or going full out with a lens and projector swap. Kuddos to them, beyond my skill set. Their photo results and written praise seem to show it works. So that is my caution for anyone investigating- do the full swap.

I just did the 9012/9011 HIR bulb replacement. It is halogen technology but has about twice the light output with virtually identical wattage. I will report back on results, but in the garage it seems much brighter. BTW you need to trim the middle tabs on the bulbs, to fit our housings. Here's the pic:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/attachments/9011-9012-trimming-jpg.599362/
Good luck,
Dave

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom