What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (52 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpeg
Thanks! Painting the pinch weld was exactly what I was thinking.
Here's a photo after I did mine, just to give you an idea

Can you post up when you have the mount sorted out? Will you offer more than the tiny size pictured above?

It is a Drake Extinguisher mount. I'm still anxiously waiting @NLXTACY to start selling the seat mount brackets for the 100's like he has for the 80's. I'd like to have another one at an easy reach when its needed. So, until then, this is what I've got.

Tomorrow I think :hmm:

One little nit to work out. ;)

Yup. Plugged right in. Hopefully they sell just the 9006 size. I’ll find out tomorrow when I try to return the 9005s.
Brando,

I got the 90W low beams in the 9006 and they are great. Want to upgrade the high beam as well, but was curious when you said they would not toggle back and forth? Don’t want to put in the high beams if they prevent the low beam bulbs from working. Ever get it figured out?

Thanks,

Todd

Put it through a day-long paint correction. I started with a Porter Cable and quickly realized I didn't want to spend 12 hours buffing such a big car. Had to break out ol' trusty Makita and get it done. I wasn't going for perfect, just tolerable. Soon enough it'll have new stripes.

20180915_115636_HDR.jpg

20180915_122230_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, my rectum would've clenched so tight it would turn coal into diamonds. How did you get out of that?

It got a little hairy, It’s almost the perfect wdth to straddle, and you can see the black on the rock where others have slid...but I went a little too far passenger, and driver dropped in...i had that whole rock face about an inch from the whole drivers side of the cruiser, resting on most of the slider. I could reach out and put my hand on the rock. Basically, without the sliders, entire drivers side would have had some serious trail scars. This is why we get sliders :)

upload_2018-9-15_20-22-7.jpeg

After 11 years, the headlight lenses were fairly clouded. Tried the toothpaste trick and it helped, but did not get them totally clear. Rather than spend a few hundred on Depo replacements, bought the 3M kit and spent 1/2 hour on the lenses. Not perfect, but got most of the scratches out and removed the clouding.

2C1ADA5A-912E-485E-8027-2582E9DE530E.jpeg

Started adjusting slightly saggy doors so that they shut like new again. 1st one is sooooo much better. Its not that noticeable but once its adjusted its a big difference, at least to me. Im not a door slammer though.

Started adjusting slightly saggy doors so that they shut like new again. 1st one is sooooo much better. Its not that noticeable but once its adjusted its a big difference, at least to me. Im not a door slammer though.

Our 2004 front drivers door needs to be adjusted and I can't seem to adjust it by myself, any advice on how you did it?

Somewhat related question. Our 2003 rear drivers door doesn't close as easily as the rest. It seems aligned well, but requires slightly more force to get the door completely closed, thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom