What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can you give a little color on this mod? Like where you got tail lights, any thing like relays needed or just bolt up!

Got it on Ebay, search for Land Cruiser tail lights, it's the one for $172.99 shipped.

Just bolts right up, the connectors to the original bulbs now connects to the pre-wired LEDs. I've actually painted the left upper clear part of the light clear red wig transparent paint to mimic the looks of an 07 LC. The truck is being retrofitted with HID projectors so when I get that back I'll snap some pics.

Last edited:
Just bolts right up, the connectors to the original bulbs now connects to the pre-wired LEDs. I've actually painted the left upper clear part of the light clear red wig transparent paint to mimic the looks of an 07 LC. The truck is being retrofitted with HID projectors so when I get that back I'll snap some pics.
Where did lens come from?

Where did lens come from?

Like who manufactured it? I don't have the truck with me but i bet it's Taiwan or China. The light itself shipped from CA, partstrust is the name of the seller.

Oh okay, I was thinking you just used OEM lens off a 06-07, I see you found aftermarket lenses. Do you like the quality?

I've been wondering if we could just swap with 06-07 into 98-05. I've been thinking I'd need to play with wiring & relays, but IDK

Oh okay, I was thinking you just used OEM lens off a 06-07, I see you found aftermarket lenses. Do you like the quality?

I've been wondering if we could just swap with 06-07 into 98-05. I've been thinking I'd need to play with wiring & relays, but IDK

The OEM lights are very expensive and hard to find, that one you might have to splice and dice but it's child's play if you ever deal with wiring before. The quality of these are okay, i just really wanted something to update the look of the rear, the amber makes it look so dated. Fitment is 99% spot on, didn't leak or anything yet, so it's okay for me. I'm not too picky though, i just don't want to spend too much money on non-performance items. My fog lights and headlights are all depo plastic stuff, but they look good, fits well.

It's a 101 series originally from Japan. It's a bit strange. It also has no sub tank and a factory toilet, stove and blinds in the back. A rear ladder and swing out tyre arm. Head light washers and that weird front mirror. This is Australia, We had a bevy of weird options available to us down here, including with special editions like 10+ variants of the 100. GX, GXL, GXV, VX, Sahara, Kakadu, Snowy, Altitude, 50th anniversary, et-cetera. But unless it's an aftermarket job that has used a 70 series oem switch then i'd be surprised. Who knows.

By the way, we also have the 105 series in Australia, not sure if you've heard of them. 3 lockers was a very rare option. I've seen some GXV's with it. We had double locked LX470's too, in the original run before the 5 speed update. Not sure if you guys got them?

View attachment 1537829

Y'all get ALL the cool stuff down there. We got stuck with LXs that had Limited Slip rears, non-locking fronts (later ATRAC rear) and LCs that had open difs with rear locker optional (later ATRAC). We never got the diesel option, double (or even triple factory lockers), non-moonroof option, fabric interior (everything here is leather), no sub-tank option, etc. Enjoy and know that most of here in the states are salivating over the options you guys get access to.

I'd like to see pictures when you have a chance please :)

Here you are. I wish the tire place didn't shine them up, but other than that quite happy so far. I've only driven about 50 miles but they've got great road manners. I may start a separate thread to track how these hold up.

IMG_7689.JPG

IMG_7695.JPG

Smogged it, PASSED!

IMG_2699.JPG

IMG_2703.JPG

IMG_2704.JPG

Took advantage of a Labor Day sale and installed some new shoes. Yokohama Geolander G015 in P275/65/18. Definitely not as aggressive looking as the BFG, but they look like mud terrains compared to the bald Bridgestone Alenza that were on the vehicle when I bought it last year.View attachment 1536028 View attachment 1536029
I almost went with that tire but went with Continental's new TerrainContact instead. Ride well?

Cleaned out my A/C evap box and changed the cabin air filters. Pulled the small gasket out of the cover and cleaned it then added some silicone sealer to the bottom half of the lid to stop the intermittent drip. Trying these carbon activated filters this time around.
IMG_0321.JPG

@reznunt ... really digging the Euro-markers you installed aft of the front fender. I'm doing the same thing as my next project on Sunday.

Awesome! One of my favorite mods. I wired it so they're running lights when the parking lights are on, and blink alternately with the corner lights when signaling. Wanted that old school JDM late 80's early 90's look.

Y'all get ALL the cool stuff down there. We got stuck with LXs that had Limited Slip rears, non-locking fronts (later ATRAC rear) and LCs that had open difs with rear locker optional (later ATRAC). We never got the diesel option, double (or even triple factory lockers), non-moonroof option, fabric interior (everything here is leather), no sub-tank option, etc. Enjoy and know that most of here in the states are salivating over the options you guys get access to.

It's True, Australia is home to the TLC, however cars in general, we would love the choices you guys have. Tundra's, Rams, F series, Silverados, Camaro's, Challenger's, Tahoe's, Yukon's etc...

We have very limited choices and they are all very expensive. A Ram over here is c. $150k.

It's True, Australia is home to the TLC, however cars in general, we would love the choices you guys have. Tundra's, Rams, F series, Silverados, Camaro's, Challenger's, Tahoe's, Yukon's etc...

We have very limited choices and they are all very expensive. A Ram over here is c. $150k.

And I'd take a Holden Ute and an Aussie 79 series in a heartbeat over here. Hey, maybe a trade?

Would you happen to know the thread pitch of that brass adapter?
I've been out of town sorry I didn't get to this sooner. Its a 1.5 thread pitch. Another option is to buy a new fill plug and drill a hole through the old one.

IMG_0322.JPG
IMG_0325.JPG
IMG_0327.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom