What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (45 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

View attachment 1538703 Decided to rip off the deteriorating wood grain and hydro dip the console and window/ door switch panels. Not the best but not bad for a beginner I think.

Do you have more info on this, looks great, way better than my plastidip attempt.

My wife and son were away today and I decided to remove the running boards and fix the rubber steps that had shrunk or slid over the last 19 years...

IMG_0821.JPG

Both sides were like this.

First, I marked the metal adjacent to the endcap shown and then pulled off the endcaps, lifted the rubber off the front lip and stripped it off. I cleaned the accumulated dirt off the aluminum step and then repositioned the rubber step back under the back plastic panel then pulled the front of the rubber down over the lower front lip, making sure I was covering my exposed metal mark. I started on one end and used a small screwdriver to help lock the rubber under the front lip, moving along the bottom of the step from one end to the other. I also cleaned and restored the steps with a trim restorer that has black dye in it. While waiting for the trim to dry, my family came home... Uh-oh...:bang: I told them I was restoring the trim and I needed to leave the running boards off until next weekend. I asked my son to see if he could get into the truck without the running boards. He could, although it was a bit comical. He'll need to practice some. My wife looked at the truck and said she actually liked the look without the boards!!! She said it looked like a real truck now.

So, I guess we'll see if I have to reinstall them next weekend.

If not, I need to get some front mud flaps. My truck already has the brackets and bolts, so all I need are the two flaps.

IMG_0824.JPG

Girls' weekend getaway with my little wildlife harasser.

Had some dude waiting by the LC, complaining about how long he'd been waiting for the owner of that truck to show up, then told me he thought I'd be a guy.

IMG_20170916_190326570-4809x3607.jpg

IMG_20170916_160508-1006x603.jpg

IMG_20170916_133140888-3607x4809.jpg

IMG_20170916_155241052-3607x4809.jpg

IMG_20170917_093751635-1749x2332.jpg

Do you have more info on this, looks great, way better than my plastidip attempt.
I Just watched videos and bought a kit off eBay.. took me a bunch of tries but eventually I got the hang of it.. still made mistakes.. but ones I could live with. Hit me up if you have questions

It's a 101 series originally from Japan. It's a bit strange. It also has no sub tank and a factory toilet, stove and blinds in the back. A rear ladder and swing out tyre arm. Head light washers and that weird front mirror. This is Australia, We had a bevy of weird options available to us down here, including with special editions like 10+ variants of the 100. GX, GXL, GXV, VX, Sahara, Kakadu, Snowy, Altitude, 50th anniversary, et-cetera. But unless it's an aftermarket job that has used a 70 series oem switch then i'd be surprised. Who knows.

By the way, we also have the 105 series in Australia, not sure if you've heard of them. 3 lockers was a very rare option. I've seen some GXV's with it. We had double locked LX470's too, in the original run before the 5 speed update. Not sure if you guys got them?

View attachment 1537829
Most definitely a nice 100 you have there. Regarding the front locker, I'd love to be wrong. Can you post more details? Ideally, I'd like to see the front differential showing the e-locker actuator. But I know that might not be so easy to photograph. Have you activated the front locker yet? Some giveaways might be removing the FF/RR locker switch and looking at the wiring harness. Do all the wires go into the factory harness or does one wire go off on it's own?

When you turn the FF locker dial, does the dash indicator activate quickly or does it blink and then activate, sometime taking a bit of time?

Nothing much, just HID Projector retrofit
Nice, those looks great! Was it DIY or did you pay someone? I have a kit from the Retrofit Source in my garage awaiting a full day to work on it.

Nice, those looks great! Was it DIY or did you pay someone? I have a kit from the Retrofit Source in my garage awaiting a full day to work on it.

I paid someone to do it, it's a friend so I was gonna help him get the word out on the forum to see if anyone else is interested in having it done. I'll get the truck back tonight.

My OEM Lexus battery died without notice so I installed an Interstate MTP-27F. Fortunately the tire store down the street had one in stock. I called Costco first and they said they don't carry a 27F and are unable to order one. I thought that was strange.

old battery.jpg

Left town for a week, so I dropped mine off to have the timing belt/water pump replaced (130k since last replaced). While there I had the mechanic repack the bearings, replace the wiring harness for the trailer hookup (PO had it wired through the tire jack compartment???), and remove the running boards while he had it on the lift.
2q9bbrb.jpg

2jb14ya.jpg

I paid someone to do it, it's a friend so I was gonna help him get the word out on the forum to see if anyone else is interested in having it done. I'll get the truck back tonight.

Looks great. If your friend has a fair price I'm in for a set.

Looks great. If your friend has a fair price I'm in for a set.

I'm about to go pick up the truck now, after i go over everything, see the quality, see the lights look, i'll post some pics and get PM you the pricing. Not sure how this would work though since he needs the headlights to do it, and maybe your truck too so he can put the lights on and aim it and stuff.

This looks fantastic. I know this was a while back, but did you take any precautions to cover anything or not spray on electrical? That rig turned out so good!

I didn't cover anything. I sprayed the ZEP on and let it sit for a bit, scrubbed things with a toothbrush and another larger brush and then took a sprayer on mist and rinsed it off. Wiped everything down with dry towels.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom