What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (62 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is that BFG KO2? That does not look good. I may need to check mine... Please update us when you hear back from BFG.

Yes they are ko2's. The link above was just an example from a thread over in the tire forum.

My set was doing the same thing. I ended up paying 15% a tire do to tread wear for the 7,500 miles that they were on my truck. When I used michelin's warranty policy I switched to 275/75r18's.

Upgraded the ground wires to 1/0 gauge. Overkill? Yes. However it did raise my battery voltage from 14.2V to 14.66V. I added to the two existing engine grounds (between the heater tee's & next to the engine oil fill tube) and also a battery-to-chassis ground that I unfortunately did not get a pic of. All were later wrapped in wire loom. Next is to clean the engine bay

IMG_7902.jpg

IMG_7890.jpg

Upgraded the ground wires to 1/0 gauge. Overkill? Yes. However it did raise my battery voltage from 14.2V to 14.66V. I added to the two existing engine grounds (between the heater tee's & next to the engine oil fill tube) and also a battery-to-chassis ground that I unfortunately did not get a pic of. All were later wrapped in wire loom. Next is to clean the engine bay

I have 1/0 for my grounds and my alternator to battery. Once I get around to installing my 150A alternator and my group 31 battery. Very nice work!

I have 1/0 for my grounds and my alternator to battery. Once I get around to installing my 150A alternator and my group 31 battery. Very nice work!
Alternator to battery power wire is what I also wanted to do but couldn't find it!:bang: Any advice and/or pics on how you accessed it and ran the wire??

Alternator to battery power wire is what I also wanted to do but couldn't find it!:bang: Any advice and/or pics on how you accessed it and ran the wire??

I haven't ran it yet, but it runs along the top/back of the radiator. If you start at that power block/large fuses on the positive side of the battery it's not too hard to trace out. It will take 7-8ft of wire to make the new connection.

What battery are you running that you noticed the difference? I'm dealing with some diehard PITA Sears situation here! Thanks

What CEL is it giving? Those repairs are way too random/all over the place to be related to one CEL.
It was vehicle speed sensor. The cruise control does not work. The shop in SEAttle after their inspection found the other things that needs to be done that is not related to the CEL. I did not have time to get other estimates and just wanted the vehicle up to date in its maintenance and get it registered in WA state. She still looks really Purdy even with 206k miles

20160508_110508.jpg

What battery are you running that you noticed the difference? I'm dealing with some diehard PITA Sears situation here! Thanks
Just a small EverStart 24F at the moment. My last one died in 2013 in the parking lot of Whataburger in Vicksburg, MS. Walmart was across the street so I picked this one up and it's performance has surprised me. It has started on the second crank in 10* and 120* weather. Once it dies I will most likely go for a yellow top.

Installed 4 channel, sub amp and an EQ. Just had 1.25 spacers recommended by member dropped installed by a shop. They had to sand down all 4 hubs to ensure tight fit then torqued it within specs. No vibrations at all, cheap for $125 shipped plus $75 install fee. Best $200 spent to make the 100 look good

20160527_154301.jpg

20160527_145735.jpg

Bought it. After 2 months of searching and several trips to Illinois.2004 in excellent shape, full dealer service records and already has an OME lift installed. Hoping to at least get some better rubber on it and remove the wheel spacers before our South Dakota trip this summer.

1464445741936-1630970969.jpg

Oil and filter change at 11,136 miles, sent a sample to Blackstone...

Busy week for me.

Mid-week: Had two weak TPMS wheel sensors replaced and a new tire fitted on the spare.

This weekend: Front rotors, front pads, air filter, oil change and tire rotation. I wanted to give it a bath when I finished up but I was pushing my luck with the wife.

Post test drive and garage cleanup photo:

0c66b8dc-43c1-41f8-8036-1c2a2b892af2_zps9wdgvsrn.jpg

Happy Memorial Day everyone.

Last edited:
Installed 4 channel, sub amp and an EQ. Just had 1.25 spacers recommended by member dropped installed by a shop. They had to sand down all 4 hubs to ensure tight fit then torqued it within specs. No vibrations at all, cheap for $125 shipped plus $75 install fee. Best $200 spent to make the 100 look good

View attachment 1265276

View attachment 1265277

Can we get more details on your stereo project?

The Eclipse 7200MkII went by by. Getting to know the new Pioneer AVIC 8200NEX. So far it works as advertised. But not in the sonic fidelity league of the 7200...or maybe I need to play a bit more with the equalizer settings ;)

Those Eclipse units were (are?) really nice. I was disappointed when they were discontinued. I should have picked one up even though it was out of date.

Can we get more details on your stereo project?
I have a Chinese no name brand Android stereo installed using the factory Nakamichi amp. It did not have any sonic fidelity so I replaced the Nakamichi with a 4 channel and installed underneath the front passenger seat then a 2 way amp in mono mode for my 10 inch sub at the back. The head unit was still locking tonal control so installed an Equalizer. The EQ made a huge difference and does not have a need to change the head unit.

Bought it. After 2 months of searching and several trips to Illinois.2004 in excellent shape, full dealer service records and already has an OME lift installed. Hoping to at least get some better rubber on it and remove the wheel spacers before our South Dakota trip this summer.

Looks good! Just curious, why remove the wheel spacer? Problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom