What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (78 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome. It looks great.

Id love to..... been really wanting to do an alaska trip for 2020 but have missed a bunch of work recently helping my parents through some medical issues. Ill drop you my email contact and entertain some planning chats to see what may be possible.
Hey Jason! Been way too long man! Got the 80 back in January, prepping for a Rubicon trip next summer. This was a shakedown cruise for that trip. Want to come along?

Nice panel detail ! Info on the pressure reg /plumbing ? Thanks

Pressure regulator is a Viair 85/105, similar to the factory ARB switch. Because I'm running an aux 2.5 gallon tank (mounted underneath the rear end where the old spare tire hung), it puts sustained pressure on the compressor head - which wasn't designed to hold pressure. Adding a check valve fixed that problem, but it required me to relocate the pressure switch south of the new check valve. In my setup, the compressor leader hose runs directly into the manifold via a check valve. The manifold houses the new pressure switch, then redirects a second leader hose to a bulkhead fitting where it exits the body. The pass-through is right next to where the trailer wiring harness exits inside the lower fender cavity. All compressor wiring is kept inside the the vehicle.

We haven't yet, we usually go north of Birmingham. Do you have any suggestions of good places to ride there?

I'm moving to B'ham soon. What do you recommend for some good camping and wheeling areas?

Finally got out of town for the weekend. Some wheeling and screwing around at camp. Buddy hit a moose on the highway--it was a tie. Moose was shaken but not knocked down, car was dented but not disabled. :eek:

Someone brought this dumb card game where you throw inflatable burritos at each other :hillbilly:

20190727_160046.jpg
20190727_163524.jpg
20190727_171946.jpg
20190727_180856.jpg

Did a little plumbing and wiring. Finally got my OBA sorted with a remote pressure switch and installed a check valve. Also got my ARB/Anderson power cord installed. And finally, got the Kicker pocket sub mounted because I used the factory sub space for my compressor. Just a bunch of little tasks that I’ve been trying to finish for months.

View attachment 2042673

View attachment 2042674

View attachment 2042675

View attachment 2042676

View attachment 2042677
That's just beautiful.

There's awesome camping and riding near Birmingham. Are you looking to set up and stay in a campsite for the weekend or technical riding? Northern Alabama and North Georgia isn't far from Birmingham at all.
Bama has some great places. We go up to little river wildlife mgmt area quite a bit - not necessarily technical wheeling, but some great trails by the river. When in school in t-town, we used to head to the talladega national forest quite a bit

There's awesome camping and riding near Birmingham. Are you looking to set up and stay in a campsite for the weekend or technical riding? Northern Alabama and North Georgia isn't far from Birmingham at all.

That's good to hear. Mostly like to get to awesome camp spots but doing the occasional wheeling trail is fun too. I'm moving from Utah to B'ham so the riding will be a little different for sure.

I spend a lot of time in Alabama. It’s a beautiful state but prepare for culture shock.

Haha well I did live there for a year previously. So I know what I'm getting into. I landed an ideal job in B'ham so it's mostly a career move but honestly I enjoyed it there more than I ever thought I would. Apparently I liked it enough that I'm leaving the mountains of Utah to come back to the SE lol. And truth be told, people were a lot nicer in AL compared to UT and the food is much better. So I'm okay with that.

Last edited:
Pressure regulator is a Viair 85/105, similar to the factory ARB switch. Because I'm running an aux 2.5 gallon tank (mounted underneath the rear end where the old spare tire hung), it puts sustained pressure on the compressor head - which wasn't designed to hold pressure. Adding a check valve fixed that problem, but it required me to relocate the pressure switch south of the new check valve. In my setup, the compressor leader hose runs directly into the manifold via a check valve. The manifold houses the new pressure switch, then redirects a second leader hose to a bulkhead fitting where it exits the body. The pass-through is right next to where the trailer wiring harness exits inside the lower fender cavity. All compressor wiring is kept inside the the vehicle.
Thanks for the info I need to draw that out to digest what you did !😀

Got some goodies for my rebuild. Now I can finish the vacuum lines and replace the injector clips. Also got a nifty wits end tool

20190729_201726.jpg

20190729_201946.jpg

I finally got around to installing my SDHQ battery terminals. The new negative terminal was provided with the inboard connection. I had bought a 6 gauge grounding cable from Autozone to replace the grounding cable from the terminal to the fender.

666404A9-8995-4E7A-B3D2-2B623FD7B8DD.JPG

Last edited:
Have been tinkering with a P0401 for over a year now. FSM pointed to EGR things. Replaced them and all hoses I could reach. Still had code. Now smog is due. Out of time. Had to take to shop. They found VSV faulty. Of course. Code fixed and passed smog today. Then I washed it. Now to fix f%#ing airbag light.
I hate dash lights!!
1620220D-8328-4215-9E72-B5F8320882F4.jpeg

Also 4 year old did this to the 100:
1B6A3516-DA7B-4672-96F5-299F851BC053.jpeg

Fun times!!!:bang:

Last edited:
Have been tinkering with a P0401 for over a year now. FSM pointed to EGR things. Replaced them and all hoses I could reach. Still had code. Now smog is due. Out of time. Had to take to shop. They found VSV faulty. Of course. Code fixed and passed smog today. Now to fix f%#ing airbag light.
I hate dash lights!!
View attachment 2043860
Also 4 year old did this to the 100:
View attachment 2043861

Fun times!!!:bang:
The four year old colored the plate black?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom