What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (51 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Absolutely will post finished solution, the rest of the parts should be here in a few days

Any the parts showed up much sooner than expected. Here is the final result.
My iphone7+ with rockform case just barely fits in the mount, this is with an Iphone 5 with a rockform case (I couldnt take the pic with my normal phone).

The ball needs to be offset a bit further to get full articulation, but this will work for today. Tomorrow I will see if I can get some standoffs from mcmaster.

upload_2018-12-8_17-31-47.png

upload_2018-12-8_17-32-13.png

Any the parts showed up much sooner than expected. Here is the final result.
My iphone7+ with rockform case just barely fits in the mount, this is with an Iphone 5 with a rockform case (I couldnt take the pic with my normal phone).

The ball needs to be offset a bit further to get full articulation, but this will work for today. Tomorrow I will see if I can get some standoffs from mcmaster.

View attachment 1849741
View attachment 1849742
I dig the set up but I use a ram mount right up next to rear view that placement looks like it would block my view no??

Painted that white maggiolina with black boat topside paint after sanding and prepping properly. solar may go up top but I doubt Ill keep this RTT long.
DSCN8068.JPG

I dig the set up but I use a ram mount right up next to rear view that placement looks like it would block my view no??

Yeah, I am going to play with it a bit and see how I like it. A longer ball-to-ball connector may be the ticket to get it down and further out of the way. For mapping though, it may be in the perfect place? Idk, we shall see.

Edit: yeah, it’s too much in the way there

Last edited:
Reactions: RFB
Went wheeling with a bunch of jeeps and had to hear about all of their jeep problems.

I did a bit of driving light testing. Built up a board to fit some lights so it could sit on my bumper and compare to what I have going on now.

Basically went out on a dirt road, which should have been much longer before the curve. I want t see how far the Aurora's shoot. Started with HIR 9011 low beams only, then LED high beams + 14" LED light bar, then low beams with only the Aurora 7" LED driving lights. Makes me want to replace the light bar with the Aurora's.

IMG_4201.jpg

testing.jpg

testing-3.jpg

testing-2.jpg

I did a bit of driving light testing. Built up a board to fit some lights so it could sit on my bumper and compare to what I have going on now.

Basically went out on a dirt road, which should have been much longer before the curve. I want t see how far the Aurora's shoot. Started with HIR 9011 low beams only, then LED high beams + 14" LED light bar, then low beams with only the Aurora 7" LED driving lights. Makes me want to replace the light bar with the Aurora's.

View attachment 1850153
View attachment 1850147
View attachment 1850148
View attachment 1850149
Damn thats bright Ive been looking at baja designs lp9 or 6s but I already have lights lots of them. still...............

Rev 2 of the RAM mounting in the 80.

I 3D printed this bracket, it needs some refining but for now it works. I like this phone position much much more.
View attachment 1850206
wow, I have a hard time printing a receipt and your making tangible shiite. nice.

Damn thats bright Ive been looking at baja designs lp9 or 6s but I already have lights lots of them. still...............

I was very surprised how bright they were.

Reactions: RFB
STI WRX scoop if you didn't recognize it...

Supposed to be working on axles, but the nanny broke the aluminum stroller and I need to get it welded. Might as well finish off the fab on the top mount IC and get that done at the same time. But if I'm gonna do that I might as well cut the scoop in.

IMG_1051.JPG

IMG_1053.JPG

IMG_1054.JPG

IMG_1055.JPG

Put on some LS400 Sun visors...they look good and are decent enough. Too bad they don't swing out easily.
20181208_152910.jpg

Then I did the rear brakes and modded my LSPV in the fully up position with some aluminum plate, spherical joint and a lock collar...brakes feel a little better but nothing too different as I thought. My brakes have always felt real good though. Since I added airbags I decided it would be a good idea since the rear never goes down anymore...
20181209_115635.jpg

20181209_114421.jpg

Getting rig ready to hit the road for a month again. And a buddy was cool enough to let me use his shop today lift and all. Way better than the driveway installed new axle studs a OTR we boost antanae and ground any spots that were trying to get rusty. pretty serious droop and I may get rid of the superflex arms by superior engineering if anyone is interested only because I may get the new hyperflex arms.
4A29B8DC-E1AF-41F9-94BA-59AEE0B14E8E.jpeg
DEF5C517-6030-4942-811D-AFE324A0C63F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom