What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (50 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

3102EEA6-136A-45CB-B3E2-B4E27CC39298.jpeg
E805BD5A-B32E-4DED-A97D-99EEB55F0BB6.jpeg
180A0EA0-ADE4-4BC8-B12F-14DCB2E87229.jpeg
2D67680B-715A-4C67-A443-E4F490C50793.jpeg
327C25C4-4B7F-4A32-A27E-DD946037425F.jpeg
Used mine this weekend to fetch parts for this PITA. Pulled head due to coolant showing up in one of the cylinders (notice one piston cleaner than the others). Found it to be cracked. Off to the junkyard to find a suitable core to either rebuild or clean up and slap on.

lol, audi that requires the disassembly of the entire car to pull the head.

C68258E3-632F-4398-9A2B-E4EA0D0C129F.jpeg
lol, audi that requires the disassembly of the entire car to pull the head.
Well you have to pull the timing belt to do the head and the front carrier is so close to the front of the engine that you can’t get to the tensioner. There is a service position for the carrier but it gives you so little room that it’s actually less of a headache to just tear it down this far.

Edit: But yeah, Audi ownership is not for the faint of heart. In general I love this car and it’s mostly been trouble free. Put a clutch in last winter but then again I’ve towed lots of heavy trailers with it. It has 175k on it now.

View attachment 1851334
Well you have to pull the timing belt to do the head and the front carrier is so close to the front of the engine that you can’t get to the tensioner. There is a service position for the carrier but it gives you so little room that it’s actually less of a headache to just tear it down this far.

Edit: But yeah, Audi ownership is not for the faint of heart. In general I love this car and it’s mostly been trouble free. Put a clutch in last winter but then again I’ve towed lots of heavy trailers with it. It has 175k on it now.

Huh....3/4T Audi........Who knew?

Well, I started on this Friday . Should be wrapped up in a couple hours. It’s not perfect, but $140 for the plate, $35 for wire, $15 worth of shield gas, and researched a couple hundred bumpers to get an idea seamed a lot more reasonable than spending $1,000+.
Ignore the taped off windshield, trying to fix a windshield leak on the cheap.

3B35E1D7-0D73-4BE2-AA10-37A0F7180012.jpeg

Well, I started on this Friday . Should be wrapped up in a couple hours. It’s not perfect, but $140 for the plate, $35 for wire, $15 worth of shield gas, and researched a couple hundred bumpers to get an idea seamed a lot more reasonable than spending $1,000+.
Ignore the taped off windshield, trying to fix a windshield leak on the cheap.

View attachment 1851426

Looks VERY good! I just finished up my rear tire swing. These projects sure take a lot of wire! I need to invest in a spool gun for my mig! That way I can buy 5#-10# spools, and not worry about running out all the time! Lol
Your front looks great though.. what’s the plan for “finishing” it? Are you going to powder coat,or monstaline it? Can’t wait to see it!

Looks VERY good! I just finished up my rear tire swing. These projects sure take a lot of wire! I need to invest in a spool gun for my mig! That way I can buy 5#-10# spools, and not worry about running out all the time! Lol
Your front looks great though.. what’s the plan for “finishing” it? Are you going to powder coat,or monstaline it? Can’t wait to see it!

The more I read and think about what I’m gonna put this thing thru, I think proper prep work and some spray cans of bed liner will suit me fine. That way if I beat it up patch work will be a breeze, if I decide it doesn’t hold up I can get it rhino lined for $300+\- and still have a nice bumper for around $500

Also I’d like to see that rear tire swing. That’s my next project

Was probably a nickel vibrating under the rear heater. Haha
we have a winner. pulled the rear heater and found Susan B Anthony staring at me and $1.20 more, not to mention a button and rabies tag and some big red gum. Ricky Bobby said it best

image.jpg

Last edited:
Those hitches pull plenty of sailboats.

Went up into the Santa Cruz Mtns to get our tree!
B1F7D844-0CFF-45E9-B4E2-06E1A4AE018D.jpeg
Plugging away at the t case regear.
5B372A52-156B-45E6-9696-2C889FCB089A.jpeg
Also added some more Baja Designs lighting to the front. (Super impressed with their stuff)
05EB43E3-E823-4A9F-A8B0-BCDDCF837991.jpeg
and gathering parts for a sweet Redarc Dual Battery setup to install on a customers 80.
9C3F8E5E-9FAE-4E90-91F7-C54EE87F2313.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom