What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (108 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally finished up the de-chrome the bling and painting on my 5 OEM rims. Hope to get them mounted next week. I painted them 2-tone like the CE and finished with a Satin clear. Everything was rattled canned with duplicolor wheel paint.

41150545140_ac314881db_c.jpg

What was your trick to get the lines of the 2-tone so nice? I did the same by taping off the inner parts but still ended up with slight overspray in some spots and not perfect lines in others.

At least if you're standing 10 ft away you can't tell on mine :D

Just picked up my wheels with brand new BFG KM3 35's.

Getting closer!
20180623_102707.jpg

One could use the factory hold down but an unsafe hold down in my opinion. I use a much safer mount that goes the other way and does not tear into the battery box or run the risk of shorting out.

The mo better hold down system shown in the picture below will be offered at Land Cruiser Products in the next couple of weeks.:clap:

img_9540-1-jpg.1476318
Hey Phil, Do you have an ETA on the hold down? Looks like another fine idea (I am also running a 31). -T

Drove about 1000 miles averaging about 15mpg over a week. Trying to restrain myself from posting too many pictures but maybe someone will enjoy them!

wow amazing pics yellowstone? or alaska??

Hey Phil, Do you have an ETA on the hold down? Looks like another fine idea (I am also running a 31). -T

Thanks for the interest. Some hardware landed yesterday I was waiting for. I hope to find some time this weekend.

Thanks for the interest. Some hardware landed yesterday I was waiting for. I hope to find some time this weekend.

NEED! I’ve got mine geririgged right now...

Picked up a hydraulic crimper. It works. Had a couple of free hours between appts today so I replaced all of my lugs with proper fitting, tinned copper lugs.

And broke my passenger side (91-92) battery box. Will be picking up a new one. Or I’ll duct tape it. I’ll probably duct tape it.

E50FC2C8-6BF7-4F72-A96E-F7207315116D.jpeg
DE930A68-0CF9-45F4-B89C-72C18F19EAC8.jpeg

4A5EBB3F-2D8B-4B89-AC53-1E0AF46587F7.png

NEED! I’ve got mine geririgged right now...

Finalizing battery hold down today on our LCP Turbo 80 parts runner. We will also be offering a upgrade to reduce stress and protect the fusible links commonly an issue.

The end results will look very close to below, a tested proven setup.;)

img_9540-1-jpg.1476318

Wrap gone, new tires on, supercharger gone. First test drive: she still has good power thanks to the 4.88's. I can wait til winter for the hair dryer upgrade. Had to take a lap through the woods to start out properly.

20180623_195708.jpg
20180623_195737.jpg

Due to the weight I’ll be introducing with the aux tank need to move some weight around first thing is to move the enormous 37x13.5 mud grapplers into truck made a tire mount using 3rd row bolt holes on floor and one off fender well out of steel had laying around
5DB0CAEA-AC9C-40EB-A827-DACE57198467.jpeg
FA31C920-4889-497B-B639-84823ED9407E.jpeg
29FAC1A9-CBCF-47F3-A3A2-7778EFBC3CB8.jpeg
and make the drawers into drawer replace spare mount on rear with a ladder always something to be done and then off to the road again

why get rid of the blower?

What @scottryana said.

It wasn't bad at all. It really boils down to the fact that I like doing new things with my 80 and I have wanted to do a full turbo project on something so it seemed like a good idea. It is modern technology amd the 1fz-fe is a great boost platform, I believe.

And it's fun!

Reactions: RFB
Due to the weight I’ll be introducing with the aux tank need to move some weight around first thing is to move the enormous 37x13.5 mud grapplers into truck made a tire mount using 3rd row bolt holes on floor and one off fender well out of steel had laying around View attachment 1729312 View attachment 1729313 View attachment 1729315 and make the drawers into drawer replace spare mount on rear with a ladder always something to be done and then off to the road again

I was just looking at the back of my truck and planning to hack the arms off of my bumper and move the spare inside. I really don't like that spare hanging off the rear.

Reactions: RFB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom