What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the tank is flush with the bumper Ill be fine thanks
that's a 4x4 Labs bumper right bud? I'm interested in this mod for my 80 and have that same bumper. let us know how it turns out and if the plumbing and / or the complicated looking filler neck with the slider works on install / usage. thanks for posting.

:lol: Been there done that. My original "self" caulk job had failed over the years, When I took my truck to have the glass replaced for the windshield I ask them to re-seal the moonroof. They looked at me funny, but went ahead and did it.... free of charge :hillbilly:

Best one time sealant for that would be SikaFlex 221 IMO

Noted. I have no clue what they used, but general did a clean job of applying it... considering my truck is also lined.

Curious why you don't fix it? I had that problem and it took me a while to track it down. I followed all the helpful threads and cleaned drain tubes, which had some gunk in them, and the other recommendations.

After I did all that I was still getting water coming in and it was showing particularly along windshield top seam and down the A pillars. I replaced the windshield gasket and that fixed it!!

Because moonroofs are stoopid!!

It will get removed and a patch welded in place later this summer when I line the roof with monstaliner. I have no want or need for moonroofs.

Yep. That’s what I used. Good s***. Sucks to try to remove though.

My roof has a nice fuzz on it today. Went to a customers house and the cottonwoods were dumping everywhere. Looks like I have snow or old pubes on my roof now...

Because moonroofs are stoopid!!

It will get removed and a patch welded in place later this summer when I line the roof with monstaliner. I have no want or need for moonroofs.

Thats why you just get your 80 without a sunroof then no worries

bbvfAkDf_nU_7Aa9B5GKBGOEfRJPzhCQNIodI22ptcmSllTMUNu9ZX7qbGqTtMr2HmqFKkxkaZwvsSuoesCGsYz54xMeFg7V0i91gJ2ZNnyxrBwm8iTsgGvB7bsIHxvGbr4NSt5LTSGDopS696M9a_EZud1kAQLGNRkA2iSu_z74M7fuSxIPuigqQQSLvky1hIvcMUZ2ho590_4oCsP3jO5QSKl4M-LtlIdc3fwsWYAByasYRpGzUeS6tUwgNuWy7yJfQmMC-z8S2JX7CZkdl0AbVE29NjeFqY2hlQqnevBV43z8jXouNsq4JSdNNlRFoHOnfRnVKB46Tvqx9spQhLa3uwAOpXfyYr2FFD6W2BfVRhyy4Ykb4GtR6lgBIRrgKHZ5_-UfaEHB4FvkvLKtfEHk3b15OFbJrcDfOzd3NH9VfAjkWWFXy1OuhSC0WxF2rl89Rb4u37fVChednVUbSTZzbBUyUEsa-uA3pNFuDw7CyFy7XJMd8rFT2I7sPt0-c79xdUjsc3CtdxXUZrj8cU_SGRYz-rzsBYOO3-s86YgnxSzpfTIZTLyWJmCKz1mOTMe75JRCzifbu-jWo8CxVoGVV_KyXoBCb0iW8pP5=w713-h949-no

Thats why you just get your 80 without a sunroof then no worries

bbvfAkDf_nU_7Aa9B5GKBGOEfRJPzhCQNIodI22ptcmSllTMUNu9ZX7qbGqTtMr2HmqFKkxkaZwvsSuoesCGsYz54xMeFg7V0i91gJ2ZNnyxrBwm8iTsgGvB7bsIHxvGbr4NSt5LTSGDopS696M9a_EZud1kAQLGNRkA2iSu_z74M7fuSxIPuigqQQSLvky1hIvcMUZ2ho590_4oCsP3jO5QSKl4M-LtlIdc3fwsWYAByasYRpGzUeS6tUwgNuWy7yJfQmMC-z8S2JX7CZkdl0AbVE29NjeFqY2hlQqnevBV43z8jXouNsq4JSdNNlRFoHOnfRnVKB46Tvqx9spQhLa3uwAOpXfyYr2FFD6W2BfVRhyy4Ykb4GtR6lgBIRrgKHZ5_-UfaEHB4FvkvLKtfEHk3b15OFbJrcDfOzd3NH9VfAjkWWFXy1OuhSC0WxF2rl89Rb4u37fVChednVUbSTZzbBUyUEsa-uA3pNFuDw7CyFy7XJMd8rFT2I7sPt0-c79xdUjsc3CtdxXUZrj8cU_SGRYz-rzsBYOO3-s86YgnxSzpfTIZTLyWJmCKz1mOTMe75JRCzifbu-jWo8CxVoGVV_KyXoBCb0iW8pP5=w713-h949-no

Duh. That’s why I ordered my 92 WITHOUT a moonroof 27 years ago!

how did you get that pic? its amazing looks like a time lapse and then...................
4 minute long exposure. F2.0 lens 12mm(24mm) m43 lens, iso100, on a tripod. That was the unedited jpg from the camera. This one is the same jpg shot but edited on my phone to make the colors pop. I rarely pullout the laptop to play with raw files. Too much editing starts making stuff look unrealistic.
OI003216-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Friday night drive in movie with the boys.

F70E635D-7AE7-436D-BC98-57E32352B250.jpeg

35AC9DFE-6ECE-4D26-9473-12C6F38D2A22.jpeg

that's a 4x4 Labs bumper right bud? I'm interested in this mod for my 80 and have that same bumper. let us know how it turns out and if the plumbing and / or the complicated looking filler neck with the slider works on install / usage. thanks for posting.
Im going to try and make a how to video Ill be starting this project sunday or monday(so soon)

Got it out in the wild for a few days of fishing kings canyon...
20180620_114708.jpg
20180619_162035.jpg

Thanks for the tip, would actually like to make it work again, at least open it up and see how bad it is, don't really like sun or moon roofs, but I like it a lot less when things don't work, that could.

What is your opinion on it, fix and have it work?, seal and forget about it?, or fully delete? Your pop-top obviously does not have one, but that is not your only 80 IIRC.
On a side note, getting at least one gullwing hatch from you is higher up the priority list, along with the jack adapters. My side windows frames have that white oxidation crust, so, water is sticking in there, well it was until I cleared the drain holes, but damage is done. BTW, good video on window removal, appreciate it.

Finally finished up the de-chrome the bling and painting on my 5 OEM rims. Hope to get them mounted next week. I painted them 2-tone like the CE and finished with a Satin clear. Everything was rattled canned with duplicolor wheel paint.

41150545140_ac314881db_c.jpg

Got it out in the wild for a few days of fishing kings canyon...View attachment 1728606 View attachment 1728609
Only related to your PF lines in your signature:
Jules: "Now Yolanda, we're not gonna do anything stupid, are we?"
Yolanda: "You don't hurt him."
Jules: "Nobody's gonna hurt anybody. We're gonna be like three little Fonzies here. And what's Fonzie like? Come on Yolanda what's Fonzie like?"
Yolanda: "Cool?"
Jules: "What?"
Yolanda: "He's cool."
Jules: "Correctamundo. And that's what we're gonna be. We're gonna be cool. Now Ringo, I'm gonna count to three, and when I count three, you let go of your gun, and sit your ass down. But when you do it, you do it cool. Ready? One... two... three."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom