What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (134 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Changed out the brake pads on all four corners. Discovered two of my PS caliper pistons are seized. Yay.

Any recommendations on calipers? Looking at the Beck/Arnley 4 piston caliper on rockauto for $60.

Changed out the brake pads on all four corners. Discovered two of my PS caliper pistons are seized. Yay.

Any recommendations on calipers? Looking at the Beck/Arnley 4 piston caliper on rockauto for $60.
napa they have remanned yota calipers and they are powder coated eclipse i believe is the name I have them all around and they work well.

If only 12 that's just fine.
They are the closest of my followers. Nothing new to see here then.
I feel like Jesus now.
Anyone up for the last beer together?

Since I didn't make it past the dirty dozen for #UA2018, I went wheeling. Really regret not getting a single pic of my 80 with all the new sheetmetal and compound/polish work I did to it before left, since I put fresh creases in almost all of the fresh panels before the trip was done. She was looking HOT. Fresh doors, hatch and tailgate, and about 20 hours of buffing and polishing. Only the hatch and gate came out unscathed.

But, pulled a best tank on 40's of 13.96 mpg coming back from Flat Nasty. I'm calling it 14. Golf ball effect is what I'm going with for the steady increase in MPG.

Attach54768_20180621_162434.jpg

Attach54769_20180621_162439.jpg

20180620_172611.jpg

Had an hour break in the rain for the first time in three days. Peeled off the clear Gorilla tape and cleaned up the moonroof. Then caulked the fawker shut. Looks sh!tty but less sh!tty than getting leaked on. FAWKING stupid moonroof.

D3510386-0F06-4B3E-9C55-93CF4B6CD783.jpeg

Also, had a burned out bulb. Swapped in new ones. Saved one for a spare and ordered another set of 9011 HIR. Is this what everyone is still using? Been a year or two since a bought bulbs.

49123B00-F132-41A9-89D4-F3CEE14EB932.png

Had an hour break in the rain for the first time in three days. Peeled off the clear Gorilla tape and cleaned up the moonroof. Then caulked the fawker shut. Looks sh!tty but less sh!tty than getting leaked on. FAWKING stupid moonroof.
View attachment 1728015

Curious why you don't fix it? I had that problem and it took me a while to track it down. I followed all the helpful threads and cleaned drain tubes, which had some gunk in them, and the other recommendations.

After I did all that I was still getting water coming in and it was showing particularly along windshield top seam and down the A pillars. I replaced the windshield gasket and that fixed it!!

Back in Canada, just saw a RHD black 80 series here in Vernon BC. Wonder if its a member here. Last time I was in Edmonton, AB I saw a grey one there right off the Henday highway, and a gold LX with side brush guards on thw Yellowhead trail in BC. Lots of Cruiser love out here.
View attachment 1728067
how did you get that pic? its amazing looks like a time lapse and then...................

Curious why you don't fix it? I had that problem and it took me a while to track it down. I followed all the helpful threads and cleaned drain tubes, which had some gunk in them, and the other recommendations.

After I did all that I was still getting water coming in and it was showing particularly along windshield top seam and down the A pillars. I replaced the windshield gasket and that fixed it!!
I know you were not adddessing me, but same thing might apply. I have not got to it yet, I know it will entail what you stated you did, and probably need to set aside 2 days of dry weather to get it done. Im only at the gorilla tape stage, PO caulked but that failed, It’s kinda a back burner project. Just my 2 cents.

I know you were not adddessing me, but same thing might apply. I have not got to it yet, I know it will entail what you stated you did, and probably need to set aside 2 days of dry weather to get it done. Im only at the gorilla tape stage, PO caulked but that failed, It’s kinda a back burner project. Just my 2 cents.

You sound diligent than me! It took me multiple attempts get all of the suggested stuff done (time management) and I was getting water in from moonroof. I pulled down most of the headliner up front and could see it. It was only after I did all the moon roof stuff and was still getting water in that went with the new windshield gasket.

View attachment 1728015
:lol: Been there done that. My original "self" caulk job had failed over the years, When I took my truck to have the glass replaced for the windshield I ask them to re-seal the moonroof. They looked at me funny, but went ahead and did it.... free of charge :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom