What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (23 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got around to painting the windscreen frame! I also sprayed Penetrol into the gutter cavity while the front section of roof lining was out. Of interest was the Penetrol seeped out the seam at the top corner of the frame (where the factory braze joint is) and ran down the frame pooling in the bottom corners. This seam is covered by the roof lining section that wraps over the inner lip and runs down the windscreen frame, so no matter how much caulking a windscreen gasket has on it, if water can get there it will still leak.... (I had wet foam backing to the lining that runs down the edges of the frame prior to pulling the windscreen and just assumed it was leaking past the gasket....)

IMG_4088.JPG

IMG_4089.JPG

IMG_4094.JPG

^^^seems like the thing to do. I used canolla and a BBQ cure, but it didn't hold up too long. Slip plate, or ez slide will be my next attempt

I tried coating the exhaust manifolds on the 3FE going in my '86 FJ60 project vehicle with EZ-Slide and think it turned out great. No experience on how it will hold up - just installed the engine in the last couple of weeks.

Manifold Makeover - EZ-Slide Coating Approach

^^^seems like the thing to do. I used canolla and a BBQ cure, but it didn't hold up too long. Slip plate, or ez slide will be my next attempt

I'm staying with light surface rust for the foreseeable future.

IMG_20170813_144444911_HDR.jpg
Cleaned her up, loaded up, and depart in the morning. Got a call from the Pindale Ranger District of Bridger Teton National Forest. Green River Lakes campground had the campground host leave for the rest of season due to an emergency. They asked if I could do it for the next 10 days or so and maybe the rest of the season. I get the camp host site, the only one with connection to drinking water. I'm going to be right under centerline for the eclipse. Wind River Mountains, here I come again! Feeling lucky!

Last edited:
Sounds Amazing

^^^ how were trail conditions?

On the bucket list....

Building a shelving and drawer system for the 60.
Build is out of baltic birch and a special concrete form ply that has a resin face on both sides.
This is really hard as the resin is on a African hardwood core so very dense and no voids.
Drawers will be a pull out table/cabinet with a Partner stove and small storage drawer for pots and kitchen utensils.
Trying to get everything finished before we go to MogFest.

MOGFEST??? is that what it sounds like? When is it? BTW, you'd better draft a build thread for those drawers......

Got @dnp carpet set installed. Super nice set that has all the pieces (tailgate, rear seat back, even fender wells!) Very impressed with quality and price!
IMG_6159.JPG
IMG_6161.JPG
IMG_6162.JPG

NorthWest MogFest starts on the 17 till the 21st of August. My Mog is in use on a project and will
not attend the festivities. Too slow, too noisy and too thirsty.
My 60 is my travel vehicle.
Fuel box is done and will post pics of it and the drawer set up.
Have the candle lit on both ends at the moment as we trying to get out on Thursday early am.

Tried to get the rear passenger side door card off to start banging out some dents. In the process discovered this in the ashtray
20170815_145317.jpg

So after a few attempts at names that didn't really stick he has been renamed Buffalo Bill.

Also less excitingly discovered the upper radiator hose had collapsed in on itself. Have decided to replace both radiator hoses (once I figure out the right ones, Chevy 350) and the radiator cap. Should I just do the thermostat while I am there as everything will be drained anyway? When I did this on my old 60 with the 2f in it I put a lower temp thermostat in it. Any value to that with the 5.7 350?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom