What did you do with your 60 this weekend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finished up the saginaw conversion today, forgot what it's like to have constant power steering. Definitely worth it. My old cooler was bypassed for some reason so just got a genrirc trans cooler. Will get around to make an actual bracket for it sometime.
1000026909.webp
1000026903.webp
1000026910.webp
 
This weekend I installed the updated sun visors in my FJ62, installed a new ground from the battery and added a transmission cooler. Also got my carb fan working. It was a big weekend. I have not tested for leaks on the transmission line job, I’ll do that in the morning. I need to be able to sleep tonight.

IMG_6789.webp


IMG_6797.webp


IMG_6782.webp
 
Last edited:
Took advantage of being in Portland (sorry PDX folks but was a work trip but next trip might see if any of y'all would like to meet up) and picked up some parts at Toyota of Portland. Chuck from parts hooked me up and set aside the bits and bobs until I could pick them up last Friday. Got out to Astoria for a day to visit an old Austin buddy and then flew back on Sunday. Parts muleing. :)

20260831_184321.webp


20260905_081621.webp


20260905_194145.webp


20260906_134356.webp
 
Last edited:
That is a nice set up, what kind of CFM's are those fans pulling and is this going to be something you might make available for 60/62 owners?
I guess i missed the part were it says 3750, my bad. is that each fan? Having a senior moment. LOL
Going to be putting 2UZ in the 62. This would be the perfect fan setup!
 
Is there mounting points for this? Or did you have to custom make it work? Thanks
There
My 10/1985 FJ60 had the threads already. Just felt around and poked a hole when I felt confident enough I had found the right spot.
My 1988 FJ62 has the threaded holes already. As NWxDrew stated, take a small needle and feel around. I was able to drag the needle across the threaded insert to verify before poking a hole in the headliner.
 
Sometime in the past somebody thought it was a good idea to install this cheapo RV roof fan in this Cruiser. They cut a big 7” diameter hole in the roof to do it!! 🤦‍♂️

IMG_4741.webp


The owner doesn’t want to go down the path of fully welding this up so you can’t tell it was ever hacked up. We would have to pull the headliner and more to do that! So instead we will cap the big arse hole with this plate we made, it is getting panel bonded so no welding. It will also be hidden under a Sherpa roof rack.

IMG_4739.webp


The gutter rail seam sealer all around on the roof had maybe a few years left on it before it was completely toast and started to rot the gutter rails. So we stripped it all out and resealed the gutter rails with fresh white 3M seam sealer.

IMG_4740.webp


Cheers
 
Not much going on, I finally.shipped my carb to Mark to get me to pass smog. I hope this is all it needs to get her back on the road.

20260905_181559.webp


20260905_181546.webp
 
Brand new here. My "adventure" with my '82 Cruiser was to air up the tires after more than ten years of being flat. I bought it in 1984 and put 320,000 miles on it before parking it about fifteen or so years ago. My wife was convinced that someday, she would restore it, but as she closes in on 70, she has finally realized that isn't likely. So, I've finally gotten the greenlight to sell it. I'll be putting it in the Classifieds. I'm not nostalgic about cars, but I had some good, bad, and ugly times in that vehicle. It was a good 'un even if I occasionally cussed it.
IMG_3264.webp
 
Brand new here. My "adventure" with my '82 Cruiser was to air up the tires after more than ten years of being flat. I bought it in 1984 and put 320,000 miles on it before parking it about fifteen or so years ago. My wife was convinced that someday, she would restore it, but as she closes in on 70, she has finally realized that isn't likely. So, I've finally gotten the greenlight to sell it. I'll be putting it in the Classifieds. I'm not nostalgic about cars, but I had some good, bad, and ugly times in that vehicle. It was a good 'un even if I occasionally cussed it.
View attachment 4216445
Man that's a beautiful color, in that condition I'd put it in a museum.
 
Back
Top Bottom