What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (23 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We got it all figured out. My GX doesn't have the 2nd row DVD and he gave me a kit that did. Hence why I was short map light boards. And he sent me some new reverse bulbs.

I have to give a shoutout to Paul for making things right. We emailed back and forth Til we figured it out. Thanks man!

Fascinating - I had no idea the lighting was different. Mine does have 2nd row DVD and I had one giant LED board that went in the middle light (it was the same as the one by the rear hatch).

Added ARB fridge cover and adjusted the temperature readings

image.jpg

Swapped out rear brake and front parking incandescent bulbs to LED. Tried to get to the front side marker lights but they have me stumped. Any ideas?

Radiator (Denso) and thermostat (AISIN) replacements from RockAuto DONE (thx to @JLee and @BlackUSK56 for some feedback earlier today). I'd developed the "Driver's-Side-Drip" ~a month ago, good to have that behind me. Rig is running cooler than it used to (needle ~5-degrees lower than dead even between C and H).

Also cleaned out throttle body, no noticeable difference (no smoother idle, etc.) but there was definitely a lot of carbon buildup.

Was planning camping for kids' Spring Break but that's now off, hoping to get some offroading/exploring in soon.

I made and put this in. Since we'll be living out of a trailer this summer, I made top open for access when I can't open the door fully due to the trailer jack.

Nicely done - for as many drawer builds I've seen in the past few years that's the first lifting lid I've seen - cool idea!

Have fun this summer, that sounds awesome.

Tried to fit my 255/80R17 ST Maxx spare up under the vehicle. Not even close.

So, I removed the trailer hitch and tried again. Again, not even close.

The KDSS... piston? The hydraulic part, is in the way, and there's no way around it. Even if I air it down it's not even close to fitting.

SO, since I have already sunk the funds for the 5th wheel/tire I am going to have a mount made which will bolt to the 3rd row seat on the passenger side. I am NOT happy about how much space I'll be wasting.

I considered a rear bumper, but holy crap they're expensive for these things. I had the most decked out CBI bumper possible on my 3rd gen and it cost what an entry level MetalTech goes for.

About to trace my fender cuts to fit my 35" ridge grapplers I mounted. They fit for daily, but they need some choppy to get the flex!

SO, since I have already sunk the funds for the 5th wheel/tire I am going to have a mount made which will bolt to the 3rd row seat on the passenger side. I am NOT happy about how much space I'll be wasting...

^^^ Let me know if you need any dimensions...and/or take a look at my version (in my build thread, link below).

As for what I did to my GX today: I finally (FINALLY!) replaced the lock motor in my drivers side rear door.

I've been unlocking it by hand for 2.5 years now. Not sure why I never made the time to do it before...but I ordered 4 new motors (10mm / d-shaped shaft) off Amazon for $28 last week...and took the hour to remove and replace the motor on Saturday. Works perfect now.

It's the little things...

- Brian

Got the 2.5" Bilstein 5100s delivered, 1.25" wheel spacers delivered, rear spring conversion kit delivered, now just tapping my foot waiting for these toytec springs to get here

There is no possible way to make 37s fit without a SAS or a body lift (or both). Plus, I don't need 37s or I will play stupid games and win stupid prizes.

There is no possible way to make 37s fit without a SAS or a body lift (or both). Plus, I don't need 37s or I will play stupid games and win stupid prizes.

remember-when-dan-v9bbfs.jpg

@DanKunz, you're going to run out of mods to do! I bet you will get bored and SAS and roll on some 37s with your GX someday! I mean you are a GX pioneer right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom