What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very unlikely. I still drive this thing cross country!

I got the rear Weathertech mats yesterday and finally got around to installing the hitch cover for the "pintle" style hitch over the weekend. I bought a gray cover on ebay and used 3 coats of Duplicolor (code 1D4) and 2 coats of Duplicolor clear. I think it came out pretty good although it's a bit shinier than the rest of the paint- it may be just cleaner but I will see once I wash it.

I should be getting home to the rest of my front suspension components today (toytec springs and new strut mounts). As far as the rear, I am planning on doing the height trick and fabricating some spacers out of aluminum for the bags. I wanted to know if someone who still has their bags after conversion could take a couple measurements for me, please. I need to know what the inside diameter of the lip on the bottom of the bag is as well as the diameter and length of the "pin" that is inserted in the perch (see picture below). Once I have these I will be glad to share the dimensions of the spacer with everyone if they'd like to have something made locally.

I got the rear Weathertech mats yesterday and finally got around to installing the hitch cover for the "pintle" style hitch over the weekend. I bought a gray cover on ebay and used 3 coats of Duplicolor (code 1D4) and 2 coats of Duplicolor clear. I think it came out pretty good although it's a bit shinier than the rest of the paint- it may be just cleaner but I will see once I wash it.

I should be getting home to the rest of my front suspension components today (toytec springs and new strut mounts). As far as the rear, I am planning on doing the height trick and fabricating some spacers out of aluminum for the bags. I wanted to know if someone who still has their bags after conversion could take a couple measurements for me, please. I need to know what the inside diameter of the lip on the bottom of the bag is as well as the diameter and length of the "pin" that is inserted in the perch (see picture below). Once I have these I will be glad to share the dimensions of the spacer with everyone if they'd like to have something made locally.
I'm very interested to hear how aluminum bag spacers work for you. I've wanted to do the same for a long time but don't have the skill or know-how to do it. Looking forward to more!

I purchased mine - a Silver 2007 GX470 sport, from Ohio but with great service history. I have been wanting one of these for a long time after driving a Prado for a year overseas in 2008. At stock configuration it would drive anywhere we tried to take it, as fast as you were willing to go.

I am going to start a build thread once I take delivery. I will be a lot more organized and deliberate on this build than my 80. I am sure I will have questions of everyone once I get it going, so thank you in advance!

Driving around with the new front skid, noticed some extra noise from that mod.

Took advantage of a couple of offers from Discount Tire on Friday. They had a 100 dollar off coupon on their ebay store, and my local store price matched a set of Cooper Discoverer ATP's (Was actually wanting the AT3's, but they had the ATP's in stock, and price matched). Cooper also has a promotion where you get a $70 gift card rebate. Went with a 265/70/17. Since its a daily driver and I didnt want to deal with rubbing or lifting, I couldnt do the Dan Kunz 35 life! Maybe down the road.

Also found a set of brand new/never mounted 4r wheels, tires, and lugs friday morning on Craigslist locally for a price too good to pass up. These will probably get painted gunmetal to darken them up a touch. Too cold to do that currently.

Discount swapped the TPMS sensors from the 5 spokes to the 4r wheels, and mounted up the new shoes.

Very nice road manners, and surprisingly quiet for having such large blocks and cross lugs. This will allow some beach running, forest roads, and some mild stuff. The guys at the shop laughed when i said letters out, so it would be the anti soccer mom mobile.

tmp_27647-20170317_171254490295323-jpg.1422646

tmp_27647-20170317_163720-1138966011-jpg.1422649

GxMac:
I had spacers made up sometime last year, never actually used them though.

Attachments

• airbag spacer.PDF
    101.1 KB · Views: 71
GxMac:
I had spacers made up sometime last year, never actually used them though.
Can I ask why you decided against using them? And thank you for providing the specs. I assume you're comfortable with us using the drawings to have some fabricated?

Finally picked up my GX from 2nd body shop since the 1st shop did not leave a gap and ended scratching my new bumper. I am happy with the results even though the total labor cost exceeded the cost of the bumper. Can't complain since I do not have the skills that a lot of the guys here do
20170321_191358.jpg
20170321_191349.jpg

They told me they used a Honda bumper and cut it to fit. They installed a Jeep fog light that I provided instead of the ARB specific one. ARB made sure that no other fog light will mount in that hole except theirs without major modification. The lights are brighter than the ARB fogs

GX is in again (possibly the last time for a long while): 650# springs (700 is a bad idea), Lotus axles, front jounce, dual batteries, SPOD, and a new rear switch and power run to the ARB power port. The ARB drawers are waiting on the wings to get here from Australia, then the MSA drop slide, ARB fridge, Goal Zero power unit, and a bunch of organization, figuring out the CO2 mount, as well as my Latch hilift mount I made up has to be reworked to fit the drawers and I am ready for the next few years of wheeling! Also picked up a Mavic Pro drone to follow me around in Moab. Will be fun!

Awesome- thank you! Let me know if you're interested in selling your set to me, please.
Id be happy to sell them as they are sitting in my garage collecting dust, as I have all the items on route or in my garage for the spring conversion. I planned on using them then got a good deal on spings locally.. so just tricked the sensor in the meantime. I paid $150cdn ($115USD). Feel free to make an offer. I could also ship from California as I am headed there second week in April. Easiest would be to email: mkgord at gmail dot com.

Anyone can feel free to use the drawings, they are based on ones from some Austrailian 120 site. Prado120 perhaps?

Installed 2 FEQ axles. I've always had good luck with these even in foreign cars as well. And the two year warranty isn't shabby either. However, I'm starting to hear some upper ball joint noise. Looks like a set of total chaos UCAs is in the near future.

Also replaced front and rear diff fluid, and transmission service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom