West Valley Trail Crew Lunch Club (WVTCLC) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So it's been quite a while since we've done lunch ...

Anyone up for it Friday, this beautiful August 20th ?

I might be out of town, otherwise I would be interested.

We can schedule for later - whatever is convenient for people ... Anyone else?

Maybe we can start at the beginning ... Pho 99 ?? That place started me on my deadly addiction to Vietnamese noodles.

New places, we need new addictions!!!

One place that we went to was Pho So 1.

There is a Polish place called Polka in Glendale. I have been there for dinner and it is good. There is also Oinkster in Eagle Rock, which is also good (on DDD), especially the fries. I am sure that others know of places we have not gone to before..

New places, we need new addictions!!!

One place that we went to was Pho So 1.

There is a Polish place called Polka in Glendale. I have been there for dinner and it is good. There is also Oinkster in Eagle Rock, which is also good (on DDD), especially the fries. I am sure that others know of places we have not gone to before..

I used to live on Verdugo Rd and I think Polka is technically in Los Angeles, Glassell Park, to be exact.

The Oinkster is AWESOME, tho I have NO IDEA what the midday crowd would be like. The two times Tina and I have been there have been Saturday nights, and the place was packed out the door. She thinks the pastrami [their specialty] is a little greasy, but I think it's just fine.

That said, its a FAR DRIFT from our West Valley roots!;p

I'm currently stuck on jury duty :mad:, but hopefully will be excused tomorrow, so I should be available Friday.

The Oinkster is AWESOME, tho I have NO IDEA what the midday crowd would be like. The two times Tina and I have been there have been Saturday nights, and the place was packed out the door. She thinks the pastrami [their specialty] is a little greasy, but I think it's just fine.

That said, its a FAR DRIFT from our West Valley roots!;p

I'm currently stuck on jury duty :mad:, but hopefully will be excused tomorrow, so I should be available Friday.

It's not far from you Mark! If you're walking it might be. :)

I've driven to your shop from Covina and I'd say Oinkster is the half-way point between your shop and my home.

Also, the Oinkster is very close to my work.

As are...

Spitz (Doner kabob, German style, and EXCELLENT)
Casa Bianca Pizza
Atacor (Tacos de Papas--Fried tacos filled with a weird mashed potato thing)
Larkin's Joint (Soul Food, served up hearty and spicy)

I'd like to join up with you guys again sometime. If you want to stick to the West Valley, has anyone thought of Les Sisters in Chatsworth? It's southern style home cooking, and they have an Ike Turner Memorial Table. I haven't eaten there, but I've heard it's pretty good.

I'd like to join. I should be able to escape from Norfolk VA by Friday. I like Mambo's for Cuban but it gets busy and it's smallish. Technically it's Glendale but feels like S Burbank, Western at the 5.

The comment about Ike Turner reminded me of a headline announcing his passing "Ike Beats Tina to Death".

Dana Adams' family has decided to hold a simple dedication ceremony for
the Dana Adams' Grove on Sunday, September 19th at 10:30 a.m. This is
Dana's birthday.

It's going to be an easy walk past the eight trees followed by some time
for anyone to say a few words about Dana.

After that we'll have a potluck lunch and hike for those interested.

Location: Griffith Park, just uphill from the Merry-go-round.
Dress: Casual or formal hiking attire.

Attached is a map. Please let me know if you have any question.

See also:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/ca-l-county-trailcrew/371178-dana-aka-lacruiser.html#post5858316

Dana Adams' family has decided to hold a simple dedication ceremony for
the Dana Adams' Grove on Sunday, September 19th at 10:30 a.m. This is
Dana's birthday.

It's going to be an easy walk past the eight trees followed by some time
for anyone to say a few words about Dana.

After that we'll have a potluck lunch and hike for those interested.

Location: Griffith Park, just uphill from the Merry-go-round.
Dress: Casual or formal hiking attire.

Attached is a map. Please let me know if you have any question.

See also:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/ca-l-county-trailcrew/371178-dana-aka-lacruiser.html#post5858316

That sounds really nice.:) I would even skip my volleyball game to be there, but...I will actually be on an airplane to a landcruiser event in VA on Sunday the 19th. If we fly overhead, I will wave.

There is a promotion through JeepForum.com in which I can win a trailer. The first step was to register at CityProfile.com, then make 5 posts. I did that. I can also get more entries if I refer people and they use my account name.

So, could you please register at:

CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums

Referal account is: MistDaemon

Yes, it is a Jeep thing that you would not understand :).

Thanks!!

What a timewarp! I was just thinking about the much simpler world in which these lunches took place. The whole cast of characters is worlds apart now. Another microcosm of life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom