Weld-on BeadLock Supplier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am considering weld on beadlocks. Lots of vendors out there. One has me more interested than others and I wonder if anyone is using their product.

Mayhem Metal Works
http://www.mayhemmetalworks.com/fabrication/weldbeadlock.html
They use self centering lugs. The latest design using 2 layers which allow the ring to be bolted flat and acts as a anti-conning device. Kind of pricey at $325 ($380 shipped to me) for a set of 4 and might be a bit heavy. I like the idea though. Anyone using them?

I found 6 valid options with prices all over the place. I'm sure there are plenty more, but this gave me a good selection. Wondering who has experience with these vendors and which might be the best deal.

jmmetalfab.com
1/4"
$185 4 inner and outer
$60 hardware
--
totalmetalinnovations.com
includes anti-conning
$205 1/4"
$165 3/16"
$50 hardware
--
Chassis Unlimited on Pirate
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/axle...e-8-hardware-anti-coning-rings-all-250-a.html
incl anti-coning rings
3/16" add $45 for 1/4"
incl anti-coning rings
$255 incl hardware plus 10% pirate discount
--
Crawlfab.com
1/4"
$225
$60 hardware
---
Mayhem Metal Works
http://www.mayhemmetalworks.com/fabrication/weldbeadlock.html
$325 includes hardware and new valve stems
Has self centering lugs.
---
Copperhead Fab
http://copperheadfab.com/index.php?action=productview&productid=41
$248 for 1/4". HW $30 per wheel. Large diameter mud rings standard.
--

Thanks for your input.

Dan's are just AtoZ Fab's resold (just like his spindle kit). I've looked into the Mayhem Metals works, but I don't think I can justify the extra weight, though in theory they would be the best due to getting a uniform clamping force.

Brittain

AtoZ's price was at the high end for plain beadlock's so I didn't add them to my list. There are plenty of fab shops making them so I just settled for a few in the same general price range. With the exception of Mayhem Metals, that is. I will be driving on the roads getting to and from wheeling trails so I don't like the idea of that extra weight. I hoped that someone had experience with their kits and could tell me their experiences.

If the centering bars didn't have to be welded I think the same thing in ALU or UHMP would weigh less and do the same thing.

Check to see what buying the hardware from Fastenal's or Tacoma Screw. They may be cheaper than what the other guys are charging, specially if you have extra shipping fees when it's added to the cart.

B

Hey guys, kinda new here but I think this is the right place so here goes...
Obviously double sided bead locks would be ideal however I'm on a budget, I can make my own one sided ones just wondering if its worth the effort ?
Cheers in advance

If you have your own plasma torch maybe. I wouldn't try it myself. Even a little off balance and you will have a very tough time. Buy a kit and weld them on yourself if you have the skill.

Ah. Nice! The steel will still set you back a ways, but go for it. 1/4" for inner and outer rings seems the more popular route. I decided to hold off and see how my TSL radials hold up before deciding to lock or not. I don't air down as much as I did with previous tires to help avoid sidewall cuts. So far no lost or leaking beads.

Just make sure your rims are not reverse mount. I learned this the hard way...

tsl w 6 psi FTW!

For a reverse mount rim the tire mounts from the inside. In order to have a Beadlock work, the tire needs to mount from the outside so the second bead can remain outside the rim

If you hold up a rim and look at the inside of it there is a smaller diameter portion on one side or the other. A reverse mount rim will have that smaller, necked down part on the inside rather than the outside.

Often times the reverse mount rims have a shallow offset , like 2".

I snagged this photo off the web to hopefully clarify.

image.jpg

Thanks, I had imagined something like that already but cheers for clarifying that, I also noticed that the inside bead face is larger than the outside, is this a part of the reason you don't see 2 sided beadlocks often ?
Thanks again
Dylan

That's exactly why Dylan..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom