Welcome to Veterans' Highway! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome Chris. You have a safe place here with lots of fellow veterans.

Hi Chris, welcome to the highway. Thanks for your service.

Larry in El Paso

Howdy,

My name is Greg, I live, work and play in Idaho and the Northwest.

I served in the Marines from 1988-1993 as a Forward Observer, Fire Supportman, Naval Gunfire Spotter MOS 0861.

I own a 1992 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80 with a few mods and upgrades. I enjoy my FJ80 for the remote places it has taken me with confidents.

Last edited:
One of the Anglico school houses was, maybe it's back there now, located in the Del Mar boat basin where our CRRCs were stored.
Currently looking for property in ID. Beautiful country.

Hi Greg, welcome to the highway. Thanks for your service.

Larry in El Paso

Hello Greg and welcome. Thanks for your service Marine.

Thank you all for your service.
Not sure why I never posted over here.

My name is Harley, I was AD USAF from '97-'05 and they served in the ANG from 05-08. When active I was an 3C071 (computer communications) and stationed at Gunter, Camp Humphrey's, and Hickam. Multiple deployments to variety of locations, some sandy, some not. Somehow I lucked out and got to work every aspect of the AFSC (MOS) from comsec to combat comm. I still perfer the field to desk work. Performed my guard duty at the 142nd FW in Portland as a 2A7X1 (Aircraft metal tech).

Shortly I left active duty I stared working comm as a contractor for the Marines (I was always to moto for my AF brotheren). I've been on Camp Pendleton since '06 (Yes, it was a hell of a commute for monthly guard duty), moved over to fed civ in '10 and am now my site's OpsMgr.

Time sure does fly.

Cheers!

Hey, thanks for posting. And thanks for your service. I’m used to seeing you in Chat, but not over here.

Hi Harley, Welcome to the highway. Thanks for your service. I spent a year at Humphreys in the 45 Trans Avionic shop (Army) and did volunteer time at the MARS station.

Larry in El Paso

Thanks for your service Harley. Looks like you had some good duty stations. Welcome!

Hi Pete. Welcome to the highway. Thanks for your service. I haven't spent any time to speak of in Oklahoma since the late 60s.

Larry in El Paso

Welcome Pete and thank you for stepping up!

I’m not familiar with “DOL”.

I looked it up and the two meanings I liked best were “Dude of Life” and “Department of Livestock”... what is your preferred meaning?

If were talking about my new hobby's front axle, its Dude, outa lube!

If were talking vet stuff, its De Oppresso Liber but like Department of Livestock as well.

Welcome Pete. I spent a lot of time in the 101st in combat operations. A kick ass division with a lot of history.

I wanted to give a shout for all the mud veterans and a big thanks to everyone who served in our armed forces. We would never have this great country if it weren't for you vets, those in the past and those who presently serve. My dad gave it 33 years and was an 0-5 mustang in the US Navy. I was born in Rota, Spain and also lived in the Philippines then making Virginia our home. Norfolk was my dad's last duty station so this is where we set roots.

My dad wanted me to enlist in the USMC after high school but I wanted to go into law enforcement. So this is what I've been doing for the last 33 years. I kick my self every day because I should have at least gone into the reserves. I feel like not serving has left a void but I decided to take another route.

My dad's career has taken us to many places around the globe. I've met so many great vets and been on many military bases. All you folks deserve a big thanks. I'm certainly one of a big fan base for anyone who's worn a uniform.

Much appreciation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom