Welcome to Veterans' Highway! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello,

My name is Tom and I served in the USAF from 1973 - 1977. Discharged as an E4, career field was 305X4 - back then called Computer Maintenance. That translated well into civilian life and is where I spent my working years, 25 of them with IBM. I'm a Retired Old Fart (ROF) now. I have three sons, all have served - one still active duty. Oldest was in the Navy, 2nd still in USAF and last also served with USAF. My Dad served in AAF in WWII on B17's in Europe. I am blessed to live in this country that has the freedoms that were paid for by the sacrifice of selfless Veterans that stepped up to protect our way of life. And young people still willing to stand up for our country. I'm proud to be part of this group!

Wow, I've been on mud for 10 yrs and just noticed Veterans' Highway. I have a '94 Land Cruiser and a '81 long bed Mini 4x4 pkup. Currently, I live in eastern Oregon, spent the last 26 yrs here in Oregon - Seaside, Bend and now John Day. I have lived in Utah, Wyoming (actually a Wyoming native) since my discharge. My family moved a lot when I was growing up, Idaho, Western New York State, Oregon and Northern California. My Dad worked as a civil engineer for Bureau of Reclamation, BLM and a private dam construction firm in New York. My Dad would take me on field trips in Oregon and Cal in the summer as he was planning roads & routes for fire roads & lookouts and rec areas. Got to ride in all kinds of GSA 4x4 rigs from CJ2As to domestic 4x4 pkups & SUVs to M37 weapons carriers, learned about off road travel and operation and have been hooked since about 12 yrs old. My '94 is my 1st Land Cruiser and got it used in 1999 and it's been not only the best off road rig, but hands down the best rig I've ever owned. Has some mods, not a built rig, but it can definitely hold it's own off road. Links in my sig for both my Toyotas.

Hi Tom. Welcome to the Highway. Thanks for your service.

Larry in El Paso, TX

Hi my name is Daniel and I have recently gotten my 1st FJ40. 1975 FJ40197769. I retired from the Air Force Reserves in 2009 after 20+years. I have been both AD and Reserve and was recalled to AD in Sept 2001. For my entire career I was a Security Policeman, but wore many hats during that time.

Nice to make your acquaintance.

S34 Out!

Hi Daniel. Welcome to the Highway. hanks for your service.

Larry in El Paso, TX

Hi Daniel. Welcome to the Highway. hanks for your service.

Larry in El Paso, TX

Thanks Larry,

My first real experience with FJ40's happened in El Paso almost 30 years ago when I attended training out at Bliss

S34

Hi Daniel,
If you came back to see Ft Bliss you would recognize the main post area only. It has expanded out to the North and East through Biggs Army Airfield. Biggs is now called East Ft. Bliss for planning purposes. New freeways, barracks and medical facilities. I'm still working on Biggs but getting close to popping smoke.

Larry in El Paso, TX

hello Tom and Daniel. Appreciate your service to our great country. This is a great forum and members here are all special.

hello Tom and Daniel. Appreciate your service to our great country. This is a great forum and members here are all special.

Oh I have heard that line before, that is exactly the reason I am posting in this forum now! Security Let me show what the Air Force can do for you, said the recruiter.

Well, that gets a smile from me Scorpion 34.

Welcome Andrew and thanks for your service.

Hi Andrew. Welcome to the highway. Thanks for your service.

Larry in El Paso, TX

Morning. Chris M
1991, MCRD PI. PLT 2080
91-93, 4th AAV, Little Creek, Va
94-97, broken time.
97-2000, 4th LAR, I&I staff, Camp Upshure MCB Quantico ( also my birthplace)TAD.
2000-2005 1MARDIV/ 1MARREG, 53 AREA, Camp Horno, MCB Camp Pendleton.
Raider, boat teams, CWSS, MOUT Instructor, Marine Corps Instructor Water Survival
(MCIWS) and many other positions. Medically retired from the Corps
2007-2011 Private Security Contractor. 17/34 Afghan provinces. Counter narcotics and Executive Protection assignments. Multiple injuries, 100% VA disabled.
Still work part time if the assignment is right.
Trying to get an invention patented and put on the shelves. Then on to the next idea.
Cheers
SF
Chris.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom