weird brake line issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am replacing the brake lines that go (from the 90 degree connector that links the flexible hose to hard line on the way to the front calipers on my bj74.

The hard line that I took off had a smooth end on the nut beyond the threads that holds the line in the connector. The new hard line that I bought does not have that smooth end and for some reason I can't thread it in far enough to seat the brake line on the nipple in the fitting. I figured maybe the threads were just dirty, but no amount of compressed air, brake cleaner, pb blaster, has cured it.

Is this an issue others know about? I found a new brake line that looks to be OEM that I now have on order....hoping it resolves the issue.

Hi
I had issues in replacing the brakeline on the axle to that 90 degree connector. The flares are same as on your piece.
Please refer here for more details:
WDYD - What did you do on your 70 series today? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/what-did-you-do-on-your-70-series-today.804784/post-14452638
There are also differences in the nuts.
Type E and type F generally differ in the inner bore. And there are also differences in the location of the threads.
This site nicely explains it. It's in German but Google Translate might help. At least the pictures tell a lot.
Good Luck Ralf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom