Weekend plans? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I only have Sunday off but I'm heading out with the wife and kids for sure. Not sure where yet but I may hit Davis lake on the way back with some more garbage bags. The last time I was down there it was a pig sty as usual. Are you wheeling to a lake some where?

I'm heading out into that area when ever we get the kids organized Sunday. PM me if your interested. Some mild wheeling to get in.

I wouldn't mind lake hopping tomorrow. I've never been to Kenyon.
My 14 yr old may come if I can convince her.

ham

Sorry Jeff. I got called in for Overtime. I just can't resist the $.

Have a good swim. You know theres two ways into Davis! The one you pass right on the FSR and then theres the back way(easier) thats accessed from the clear cut another 1 km down the road.

Have a good swim

ham

Worked late last night so I didn't see the post till this AM. I'm good to go if you haven't left yet. Let me know.

Husky on Sylvester Rd I take it.

See you there

you buggers with the gorgeous weather out today! have fun...was hoping to do davis too :( if anyone is up for heading out tomorrow, im down. ham...its been a couple years since ive seen ya...hows the runner doin?

It was a great day yesterday and beautiful weather for sure. My kids had a great time with Jeff's kids yesterday. They were wiped by the time they got home. The wife hid her first geo cache at Davis lake after we wheeled in. Caught three little trout casting off shore before wheeling into the water fall and cooling off in the pool. Believe it or not I caught a little trout in that small pool as well. We checked out Kenyon before we departed. I may go out again today but I'm not sure where yet. I'll have a look at the Topo maps and back country guide to try and find a wheel in fishing spot this Am.

Lots of small fish along the shore at Davis that kept the kids entertained, and the water was quite warm as well. Quite the difference in temperature from the pool at the waterfall compared to the lakes :)
Davis is a gorgeous lake, but I need to fix up my 45 and start hauling garbage out of there, jeezus people piss me off. Dave took me in the 'easy' way, which is a neat little trail, with some tight turns that required a few back and go's to get around a couple. The hard way in sounds interesting.
After we left Davis, I showed Dave the waterfall, then after playing there for a bit we headed up to Kenyon.
Dave had to head out, but we stayed for hot dogs and marshmallows over the new fire pit. The girls made some salad from skunk weed and ferns, but I was quite full from the hot dogs and had to pass on it.
We finally pulled out of there at 7:30, and it sure gets dark out fast now.
P9120001.jpg
P9120002.jpg
P9120003.jpg

Last edited:
Alright, I'm loading up the family in the 70 again and heading out to Silver lake by Hope. I'll mark the GPS coordinates for any good fishing spots or wheeling trails I find. I'll post pic's and coordinates if I find anything worth noting.

And a couple from Kenyon. Note: Bring firewood to Kenyon, there is not a lot of dry scrub around there. My Wolf Cub skills still worked, as I managed to gather enough wood, and get a albeit slightly smoky fire going, but had some nice coals to roast the dogs and marshmallows on.

Akela! Dib dib dib, dob dob dob!
P9120020.jpg
P9120022.jpg

I see that the water level has dropped a little from Thursday. After the heavy rains, the lake level reached the high water mark that we had looked at. The creeks off the lake was running heavy as well.

A few more from the day trip.

The meeting of the minds, Davis lake and the waterfall.
IMG_4257.jpg
IMG_4258.jpg
IMG_4262.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom