weekend paint job (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
decided after a few weeks of thought/research to perform a roll on paint job. I have rattle canned a few vehicles before however they always come out uneven and runny.
I considered maaco, but this would still mean me doing all body work and a crap paint job for 399 plus tax.

All materials including mask set me back just under 100 bucks. I already had sanders/sand paper/tape.
100 got me nice rollers of different sizes,1 gallon of paint, nice trays, 3m painting mask.The paint is stuff meant to be sprayed for tractors, very tough. and drys damn fast.

Saturday was body work day. since this car ahs been hit more times than mike tyson I didnt feel bad throwing on a cheap paint job. I deff intend on rolling this thing sometime this summer btw.
n e ways I started with this.

188a6366.jpg

abe34f97.jpg

Sunday woke up and just jammed on it, got some great help from the roomate on rhinolining the top, taking care of an exhuast leak,re-jetting the carb carb

51c7e36f.jpg

1bd0cc93.jpg

Came out a world better than a rattle can job. I do still want to do another layer. Paint some details/ If I would have really taken my time with wet sanding it would would have turned out very presentable for a 100bucks.

Of course I would never throw this stuff on my T/A, but for a old truck it worked out perfectly. Let me know what you think. Btw, I plan on either repositioning the front bumper///or just ripping it off.
:popcorn:http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/anthonyzarco/51c7e36f.jpg

Looks good from what I can see. I have considered doing this as well, but my truck doesn't see very much down time. Mine could use a repaint as there are some trouble spots that need to get dealt with.

Does it have a body lift? I so I would scrap it and maybe the bumper will match up all right. If not, pull it and get something else.

Nice truck overall.

How did the rhino lining on the top work out? My looks like hell, fading and such, and I'd like to address that too at some point.

Ya, Iv'e been thinking about what to do with it. There is a body lift on it, I dont want to take the time/lose tire clearence..I would hate to have to tub this thing.

I prefer to be lower for my center of gravity/ but Im thinking if I get some quality wheel spacers that I will be less worried about flopping this thang. I cant stand body lifts but man its some good work considering the rock sliders are welded on/rear bumper welded on...

Need to go ahead and fit my free hi-lift too... woo woo

This is my second top to be rhinolined. the trick is to buy some of the spray on for whenever you have some chip off. Will continue to apply on future rigs, i love it

Dude, that just looks awesome. I'm figuring it's probably a 60 footer, but it's a 1000% improvement. Maybe I should try that on the red rust bucket. Good job!

lookin good!

I helped a freind remove a body lift.. its a painstaking process, but well worth it in the end. Hardest part was the welded sliders..

Add Bump Stops if it gets into the body. Low and Slow is the name of the game!

What happened to "When in doubt throttle out"?

Whoops hadn't come out to check up in a little while on u guys, thanks for the
kind words/ tranny went out in my trans am soo it doesn't look this this is going to get much more money besides some 3" spacers, a roll cage this season. Really wanted to invest in some recovery gear but I guess
my old rusty high lift and come along Winch will do.

I'm hoping to make it to the next springs meeting btw, that way u can actually
check it out manjerk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom