Weber Carb Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

David70FJ40

Older Than Most
Threads
My Weber is running rich and will cause hesitation at times starting from a stop light and flood the engine out at idle making it almost impossible to restart. Is there anyone here who can help tune the carb or rebuild it to stop the rich condition?

There is more than one kind of weber for a 2F engine. Which one do you have?

Did you take it out of the box and install it or did you have someone tune it when you put it on?

F engine and a minor tune. At the CRR it started to load up and was difficult to restart and it has been getting worse.

Whatever engine it is, there are multiple Weber carbs for every application. Second question still relevant too:

Did you take it out of the box and install it or did you have someone tune it when you put it on?

I did have a little help but not much. The person who was helping wasn't able to spend a lot of time and it was running well enough for the first three years. The loading up is a new problem.

I could give you a hand with it, but I'm not available for a few weeks. Busy this weekend and next.

@David1947 do a search for “tune” and my name:

9961AA58-E36E-4556-9E6A-433EE7A42D7C.png

And read thru some of my threads. It is something that YOU CAN DO !

To tune it, you’ll need a timing light and an RPM meter (preferably). Set your timing FIRST ! Make sure your points are good, or switch up to an electronic distributor. Your issue could be points / condenser / timing.

Then, follow the lean idle procedure. It is important for you to do this yourself - you will learn so much better. If you have problems - post on the main 40 tech page for RTH (Real time help) and you’ll get wha you need.

I’ve tuned mubsevetal times, disassembled it, cleaned it and reassembled..... and it runs ! Don’t bust my chops -I have a Trollhole’s carb to install, but my Weber runs well enough I haven’t forced myself to make the swap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom