We played out in the rain yesterday (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
An afternoon trip out to Ashlu FSR and up Squamish FSR. Yes, it rained. Road was pothole puddles, serious potholes! But, it was fun and good to get out again. Can't wait to organize a run up here for y'all when we're allowed to by BH!

20210327_153409.jpg

20210327_153432.jpg

20210327_153555.jpg

20210327_164353.jpg

20210327_164408.jpg

I’ll crash your thread, took kiddo down Silver Skagit with intent of seeing Ross Campgtound...only got as far as 26km.

5C39B6BF-3FBE-4221-911A-DEC734A8DA82.jpeg

853E2DCA-AD4E-4D03-800E-2C82C2CBA943.jpeg

D7E2ACD6-A508-4FC5-B064-BD5CA4A3D327.jpeg

38701B48-269F-4DA4-BB94-942BE37AFAFE.jpeg

Looking fw to a Squamish trip!

Look like you had a great day out as well!

An afternoon trip out to Ashlu FSR and up Squamish FSR. Yes, it rained. Road was pothole puddles, serious potholes! But, it was fun and good to get out again. Can't wait to organize a run up here for y'all when we're allowed to by BH!

View attachment 2628729

View attachment 2628730
brings back a lot of good childhood memories when those totems were raised. glad the river hasnt taken them. sure shifts a lot some years

Last edited:
Hi Martin! Sounds like you know a lot about them. Please share the history. They are really unique.
Franz

look at those fancy new wheels!

New boots and soles. Reminiscent of the original chromers. They're growing on me.

Hi Martin! Sounds like you know a lot about them. Please share the history. They are really unique.
Franz
edit: on second thought probably better left as conversation around the fire some time. my memories of camping there as a recent immigrant kid ~40 years ago dont need to affect other peoples curiosity of the site as it is. glad to see people still enjoy it there

Last edited:
Thanks Martin, that is really interesting. Most people that visit have no idea and most likely believe it has FN significance. I certainly understand the reasoning you explained, and it gives the site a lot more meaning (we have many family friends from the old Eastern Bloc countries). Some resonance with my Germanic roots and the 'endearment' with cowboy/western culture (not me btw 😆), but not due to political reasons of course. Speaking of campfires, hoping that there's another Whipsaw trip thus summer (Jul 10 has been mentioned), and we may be getting into the Kootenays this summer as well. Maybe you can show us around!? I hear there's good beer in your neighborhood 😉.

Sounds good to me Franz. Wouldn't mind getting out some more this summer wheeling. one of the cruisers will be on the road for sure.

Im sure most people that see that site would not guess some of its weird history but could be thats for the best.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom