SOLD Washington DC: 1988 FJ62 Mostly Stock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Washington, District of Columbia United States
Mileage
Color
Gray
Outside Link
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1024765715557291/
For sale is my 1988 FJ62 Land Cruiser with ~234,000 miles. I've done almost all of the work myself (except the windshield and an oil change here and there) and documented it all in both receipts and a log book. It runs well but has some cosmetic issues (primarily paint and dash). Asking $18,000 $16,000.

There is little to no rust with a few surface exceptions, the bumper being the worst. I worked to keep the truck as stock as possible, the most notable exceptions being the previous owner panted the truck blue (originally was a red truck, which you can still see in the door jambs etc.) and I re-upholstered the front seats.

I've owned the truck for 10 years and put about 30k miles on it. Mostly used for working on stuff at home and taking the dogs out and about. I'm selling because I've moved to DC and don't have the space or need for it any more. Purchased in San Jose, CA in 2013 and took it with me to Charlotte, NC in 2015 and again to Washington DC in 2021. According to the Carfax, it was originally purchased in northern Louisiana, spent some time central Texas from 1993 to 1998, Seattle for a year, then San Jose CA area in 1999. So its been a mostly southern vehicle.

I've addressed the following items on the truck (or I have records/receipts for them):

- Passed DC inspection in Sept 2023 - Good until 2025
- Replace radiator, water pump, coolant lines, fan belts
- Replace plugs/wires
- Replace all vacuum lines
- Transfer case rebuilt (replace all seals and bearings)
- Replace transmission filter and gasket
- Valve check/adjustment
- Add transmission cooler
- Replace oil pan gasket, rear pinion seal, speedo cable seal
- Replace front brake pads
- Replaced exhaust/muffler
- Replace starter, battery and alternator
- Update AC system to R134 and replaced all seals (still leaks)
- Rebuilt front axle seals
- Headlights converted to H4 (replaced sealed beam), all marker replaced with LED
- Replaced throttle and brake sensors
- Replaced upper engine gaskets (inspection cover, oil filter, oil cooler, valve cover, distributor)
- Reupholstered front seats
- Replaced fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator
- Added receiver hitch
- Windshield replacement

The truck has passed smog in CA, NC, and DC without any issues (though it failed CA once due to an exhaust leak that was fixed)

The couple of items on the truck that could use some attention but don't bother me too much:
- Clear coat is peeling off in several places, paint all around could use some attention
- Cargo ara carpet is torn up
- Tires are in good shape but from 2014
- Dash cover is cracked
- Suspension is original

Include in the sale:
- Roof rack
- Spare parts: starter, original seat covers, original water pump (probably good, but replaced w/ rad), new rear brake kit, new tie rod kit, various other takeoff parts.
- All receipts
- Maintenance log book
- Three keys

Not included:
- Receiver mounted bike rack

More pictures: 1988 Toyota Land Cruiser - https://photos.app.goo.gl/2RaUiYraLqbRdsSS9

I'm happy to show the truck or take more pictures. Please shout with questions, prefer messages on Mud. I will provide a phone number via PM if interested or to setup a test drive.

Thanks,
-Ethan

PXL_20210220_203534901.jpg

PXL_20230226_002254802.jpg

PXL_20210220_203754597.jpg

PXL_20230529_215315764.jpg

PXL_20210220_204434534.jpg

Last edited:
Also, forgot to mention the VIN: JT3FJ62G3J0083823
Carfax is attached.

Attachments

• Carfax - 1988 Toyota Land Cruiser.pdf