Warning lights just popped up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Update
Finally got a Code Reader and the code it pulled up was
Evaporative System ( very small leak)
Sounds like the ole gas cap

I have a brand new OEM cap but I know from experience with my old Rubicon that don’t mean a lot. I fought that battle for ten years on my Jeep and finally doubled up the gasket and good bye warning light. Going to cap gasket check and report back

Cheers Baja Charlie
Following along because I'm in the same boat. The three lights are up. Tightened the old cap and lights went away for a week. Came back, bought a new gas cap, and now effect yet. Any advice on a code reader based on your research?

My code reader allowed me to erase the error code and so far with new OEM gas cap it’s all good.
One other thing I did was I noticed the steel filler neck where the gas cap screws on felt like it was pitted perhaps from condensation so I stuffed a rag into the filler hole to avoid any debris getting into the gas tank and took steel wool to it and got all the pits out of it so the new gas cap’s rubber gasket seals better.
Not sure if that helped but you never know

Hope you figure your problem out, I was in the same situation for the last year and a half. I had a very small evap leak, replaced the gas cap twice, first from Amazon and the second from Toyota. Then I took it somewhere to have it smoke tested, they replaced the evap canister and some lines. A few weeks later the Christmas tree lights came back on so I had it smoke tested again. They ended up dropping the tank and found a nut and part of a stud melted into the top of the gas tank. I guess the previous owner had someone convert from air to springs and replaced the rear shocks, something in the process landed on the top of the tank, got hot enough to melt into the tank but not all the way through. $1k for a new tank so I had them patch it! The lights were off for almost 3 months and a few days ago they same back on, I'm hoping it's something else and not the small evap leak. I haven't gotten around to checking it with techstream yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom