Want ad scam, please be aware (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'd posted an ad looking for some LTX 285 75 16's, and received a PM from a user called 'Stevemoore' who appeared to have registered just for the purpose (0 posts), stating that:

Hello,

If you are still interested in the set of 4 Tires 285 75 16. I know of a guy named Williams in Denton, TX who has one up for sale.

You can email him twilliamsst@gmail.com

Regards​

Seemed a little odd, but I figured I'd email in case. So I emailed, and was told by "Tersa" that she had a set of expensive Ironmans off a Chevy. Shortly thereafter I got a second email from "her" saying "no response???" I wrote back to say it wasn't quite what I was looking for, and was asked what I was looking for. So I said I was looking for LTX's in that size, and was told:

Oh, sound good. My friend Neal has a pair of 4 he wants to sell. Price is $350 shipped. He's also located in TX. I'm a dealer. I told him to take couples of pictures to send to you.

I'll tell him to send more pics if you are interested.

Thanks
Teresa​

Pictures attached to that email were stolen from LX Avalanche's ad at
For Sale - FS: LX450 wheels and Michelin LTX MS2 285/75/16 tires. PHX AZ

A comment elsewhere in the thread appeared to say that he was looking for payment via, naturally, Western Union. Scam scam scam scam scam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom