wanna go to 4.11s on my BJ70 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.rocklogic.biz
my BJ70 hs 3.73s and i wanna go to 4.11s but am not sure what will work as a donor, i have been getting conflicting answers, can anyone tell me for sure?

Could you please state the year?

Any fine spline pinion 4:11 will work. Just swap the flanges with those on your 3.73s if they don't match.

I don't think any coarse spline pinion flange will match your driveshaft.

Alex...

Don't you have a five-speed in this thing?

GO DEEPER!!! Don't stop at 4:11.. :)

Oh, and then get those MARKS gears installed...

Should crawl around pretty good....

now i am on the 1987....

i wanted to just go with 4.11s 'cause i figured i could find those for free from someone upgrading to 4.56s or 4.88s, and then the 55% reduction of the new t-case gears, and see i still do want to keep some semblence of good fuel economy, and once i have the money for the turbo i should be sitting nice for highway driving again...gotta remember this is a daily driver and trail rig combined...

any fine spline, so, does that mean i am limited to fj62 and 1978 fj40?

You are correct!

Oh, and

Good luck! ;)

-Steve

can also use the 4.11's out of the rear of any 80 series, these are prolly as(or more) plentifull then fj62, lots of guys swap to 4.56 or 4.88. this is what I used in my 86 fj60, I had one rear set from my 80, got another set for free.

fwiw I think the 80's are 4.11 and the 62 is 4.10 or it's the other way around, but they are different...not alot but just a bit.

John

alex.. you could almost use any 4.11 out of a cruiser. The easiest route have been posted above. older 40 4.11's are more plentiful... if you can't swap the flange bc of fine vs. coarse you can mate the drive shafts, you could run an adapter, you could redrill your flange.. etc. I have a set I'm putting in the 70 too :) I just need to get around to it.

Hey Wes, did you get personalized plates?!?!?!

Sounds like a lot of work to use the older 40 ones with coarse splines, let me know how your install goes!

So, how is my old truck? I miss it... Hope you are enjoying it, let me know what all you have done by way of mods...

Hey alex!!
you can create any plate you want to see in va at https://www.dmv.state.va.us/dmvnet/plate_purchase/select_plate.asp?PLT=&PLTNO=

I was going to do the 411 swap yesterday but the wind chill wasn't cooperating and It isn't a huge priority. Most likely next weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

I ripped out the radio and cb to put in a cd and orig box so it's cleaner and closer to stock. Other wise things are the same beside some new fluids and a primer pump, and a few small things. Trying to save up for OME. I truely enjoy driving a 3B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom