VSC saved me (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mag

Threads
I have owned a 2007 GX470 for just a couple months now. I was in an early snow storm Friday afternoon while hunting. The road suddenly became covered with snow as I approached a 90 degree left turn. My 18 year old son was with me. I attempted to make the turn and the GX470 started sliding as I began turning and was heading towards the shoulder of the road at the corner. There was about a 3 foot drop off that shoulder and I would have ended up rolling the vehicle onto it's side. I turned to my son and said I was unable to make the turn. Suddenly the GX470 began beeping and straightened itself out to perfectly navigate the turn. Had I had my old Chevy pickup truck we had have been in the ditch rolled over. I later learned this was a feature called vehicle stability control. I was amazed at the effectiveness of it.
I would like tp put slightly larger tires on my GX470 (265 70R17). Would that would impair the VSC feature?

No that will be fine. VSC uses wheel speed so tire size doesn't have a big effect. With very large tires the brakes will have a harder time stopping the wheel but nothing to worry about with a small change

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom