voltage regulator for a 1978 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am trying to find a replacement voltage regulator for my 1978 FJ40 which was built in October of 1977. It has a solid state voltage regulator made by TRANSPO number IN568. I would like to replace both the alternator (Nippondenso 27020-61013) and the voltage regulator at the same time. I am having a hard time finding a solid state external regulator with the appropriate green plug etc. My research has turned up a Wagner built one (WO95-10) but, upon calling Wagner learned that they have discontinued the part. Any help would be very much appreciated.

I am trying to find a replacement voltage regulator for my 1978 FJ40 which was built in October of 1977. It has a solid state voltage regulator made by TRANSPO number IN568. I would like to replace both the alternator (Nippondenso 27020-61013) and the voltage regulator at the same time. I am having a hard time finding a solid state external regulator with the appropriate green plug etc. My research has turned up a Wagner built one (WO95-10) but, upon calling Wagner learned that they have discontinued the part. Any help would be very much appreciated.
I will check when I get home but I do have the original that came off the vehicle. It is a square box that is solid I'm not sure if the plug is green or if I have the plug. I may have used the plug for my new voltage regulator but then again I may have it also I will let you know

I feel confident this is what you're wanting. I'll send it for $20 including postage. Just let me know if you want it

20210730_164355.jpg

I feel confident this is what you're wanting. I'll send it for $20 including postage. Just let me know if you want it

View attachment 2745923
you are the best! that does look exactly like mine. I think I have ordered one now. would it be ok with you if I wait a few days until I see if the one I ordered is the right one before I have you ship it to me? Thanks again!!!!

Mine is also a 10/78, bought a solid state aftermarket unit from rock auto, works great.

no problem

This is the VOLTAGE Regulator shown in your photo ?

why are you changing it to a 3 wire ?

THIS IS the needed regulator OEM TOYOTA Genuine NipponDenso just like you have in place now unless im missing something here ?

see link below Please

1627710371134.png

The picture I show is my actual 1978 that is exactly like the one currently installed in my 78 FJ40. I am not sure where the plug you show goes, certainly would not fit my 1978 fj40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom