Video: How to change 1FZFE fuel filter (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice vid. I just did this recently too. Note on notching the bolt hole, do this BEFORE you start. I didn't, and after having enough gasoline on me from removing the old filter, I skipped the angle grinder step.

Haha yeh this is a smart move. I was very suprised with how little gas/fuel actually leaks out. The gas cap trick was definitely the winner but what a painful area uncle Toy put this sucker in

Whats the interval this should be done on? Feel like it would be good to do while mine is down for other work.

I think most are doing every 50000 (edited)

Last edited:
I think most are doing every 5000

Is this a joke?

I do my fuel filter when I do my birfields, so every 60k or so. I have a feeling there are some 1FZ's out there with WAY more than that...

Is this a joke?

I do my fuel filter when I do my birfields, so every 60k or so. I have a feeling there are some 1FZ's out there with WAY more than that...
Typo - 50000 is what it should be

Nice job, but please turn your phone(if that's what you used)sideways next time. :)

Do you have the p/n's for the parts you used handy? TIA

Nice job, but please turn your phone(if that's what you used)sideways next time. :)
It was but then it went sideways in vid production so had to rotate it 90 back which made it portrait. Stupid iphones

Do you have the p/n's for the parts you used handy? TIA
Banjo bolt 90401-12097
Washer 90430-12026

As for the filter i think i used : BTRO-113871 -OEM equivalent as Toyota had none where i live
Toyota OEM Part#: 2330069045

I of course read this same advice not long after rebuilding my starter.

Yeh definitely the best time and clear access to the starter, was thinking while i did this "should have bought a new starter!"

It's the end of 2017. Hold the damn phone horizontally when you shoot a video from now on.
I know i know..... As i said in earlier post for some reason my new iphone keeps rotating the video when dowloading to PC, i have to rotate the vid 90 degrees in edit mode or you would be watching sideways which brought it out this way.
BWT no need to get narky i didnt have to do this, it is just to help others but point taken I'm working on it :cheers:

Banjo bolt 90401-12097
Washer 90430-12026

As for the filter i think i used : BTRO-113871 -OEM equivalent as Toyota had none where i live
Toyota OEM Part#: 2330069045

I'm assuming it's two of each of the bolts and washers?

Thank you for the video which helped me get this project done. And I didn't give a 💩 which way your phone was oriented either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom