Victron Connect app's "new" feature: Stored Data (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
OK, I may be behind the times, but I just found out today.
In the past I had used the Victron Connect app to look at Voltage and current data. You could plot the data and look back up to the last time you disconnected the app (or was it data only after you began looking at the Trends screen, forgot).
So that was nice but if the phone disconnected, which happened a lot with the small Bluetooth range on my charger, you lost it all.
OK, not great but it's at least somewhat useful, if rather limited.
Today, by sheer chance, I am looking at the Trends graph and go back by zooming out. To my surprise it shows data from yesterday. And many days before that when the app was not on.
I am pleasantly surprised. That is great. I can now look at historical data not just for the total energy produced as before, but now every parameter like voltage, current, power as a function of time. It's all stored in the controller. For something like a month and a half or so IIRC.
Very nice.
Seems like they just added the feature recently (?) to the firmware.
So, I thought I should mention it in case you did not know yet.
Now, if only it could store the data in a file that you can download...

added: I am talking about a SmartSolar MPPT solar charge controller.

I did not specify above that I was talking about a SmartSolar MPPT charger connected to the app, sorry. (Added)
Of course, the device has to be able to store the data in addition to the app being able to download it.
The Victron Smart Shunt does it too.
However, I just found out that my Victron SmartBatterySense gizmo does not store data. Worse, the app loses all info from that one everytime the BT connection is lost or for that matter if my phone goes to sleep. That is a bummer because I was envisioning using that device for monitoring of battery voltages and I would love to see how the voltage changes over long periods of time. So, nope.

added: Nov13. I was wrong, the SmartBatterySense does store data. Not sure why it did not do that earlier. And it stays stored regardless of the connection. That is good, the dongle is quite helpful and not too expensive.
Unfortunately, I'm seeing that the SmartShunt has lost some of the stored data. Don't know why.

Last edited:
And unfortunately, I just saw that my Orion does not appear to store any data at all to be seen on the V Connect app. That is a bummer too.

I too use a Victron and on rare occasions use the app.
But my panel remains unconnected most of the time too, so not alot to glean from that data anyway.
Curious your use of the data. And assuming your panel(s) is/are connected 100% of the time?
My thought with the app was to create a baseline...but once that was done...? It help me learn my "60 watt" panel maxes out at about 45 - 50 watts. And while this is just enough to replenish my bank from 25V to 27V over a single cloudless day, it's no speed demon to say the least.
At any rate, just wondering what else you can do with the data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom