Very Nice Dog Driving Me Insane (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A week ago I'm burning brush with my 2 female Chocolate Labs, and out of the woods walks a beautiful male Chocolate. I notice he has a collar with a 2003 rabies tag from the same vet I go to. I call, and give them the tag#, and they give me the phone number of the owner. I get ahold of a guy who says he'll be right up to pick up Jack. I go down to my house, and Jack thinks I'm now his best friend, and picks up a full sized basketball with his mouth for me to throw. I play with him thinking his owner will be right up for him as he lives only a half mile away. An hour goes by. In the meantime I have my 7 month old pup locked up in her kennel in fear she will follow Jack home if he decides to go. 3 hours later, now dark, I go out to feed my dogs; Jack is sleeping at my back door. I feed Jack because he's hungry ( probably a big mistake ). Another hour goes by, and I put a lead on Jack, and load him up into my Kawasaki Mule to take him home. I knock on door I thought was his, but the owner says " No, he lives in that house. Jack is over here all the time though. His owner is never home." I go over to said house, and I notice a young man in the front room watching tv. He comes out and says, " Much appreciated for bringing my dog home. What the hell is the matter with people! He told me he would have found his way back home. Really? Jack has been back almost every day. He's a great dog, and I can't shoot a lab in the butt with a pellet gun. I'm thinking about locking him up in my kennel tomorrow, and make numbnuts hunt him down.

really? I shoot my best buddy in the butt w/ a pellet gun....w/ 4 pumps! The dudes not gunna learn any kind of lesson you try to teach himn. Either keep feeding jack and tell the dude to go pound sand if he comes lookin for him... or shoot poor jack in the arse w/ a pellet gun(use a bb w/ one pump tho...):(

Sounds to me like he's recycling rabies tags. 2003 would make that a pretty old Lab, and likely one in desperate need of a shot. Smart move to keep him away from your other dogs - who knows what else he's picked up. Probably loaded with ticks and fleas as well. Either clean him up and consider yourself a new lab owner or give him his walking papers.

Sounds to me like he's recycling rabies tags. 2003 would make that a pretty old Lab, and likely one in desperate need of a shot. Smart move to keep him away from your other dogs - who knows what else he's picked up. Probably loaded with ticks and fleas as well. Either clean him up and consider yourself a new lab owner or give him his walking papers.

x2...

x3...

x4... for what it's worth, sounds like he needs a better home...

x4... for what it's worth, sounds like he needs a better home...

I agree. Inform who ever is in charge of animal control in your area of the situation but keep him until animal control comes and gets him or gives you the authority to keep him or give him to a shelter. I wouldn't give him back to someone who couldn't even be bothered to search for his own dog.

x5.

dude lied to you, and not being any type of a responsible owner.

kudo's to you for giving basic care to the dog, unlike many others. :clap:

That other person should be locked in your kennel.

What canucksafari said.

Also contact the local breed rescue so they will be aware of the situation and can work with the authorities to find the dog a good home once the legalities are handled. We got our lab through our local Lab Rescue and currently work with a breed rescue to pick up dogs from shelters and foster them until they find good homes. The breed rescue group we work with is composed of members of the regional breed club, breeders and owners. The shelters often contact us when they get a dog as they know we know the breed, can use our network to find it a good home and we put prospective adopters through a lot more investigation and followup than shelters can afford to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom