SOLD Vernon, BC: AluCab RTT + Shadow Awning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have received a deposit and this tent is now SOLD pending pickup.

--

--

--

I will not answer "is this still available" messages. The ad will be deleted when it is sold.

Tent is located in Vernon, BC, and must be picked up here.

Selling the latest AluCab roof top tent and AluCab "shadow awning," which is attached to the tent. I am not interested in selling the items separately, so please do not ask.

We bought these only a few months ago, and love them both, but have spontaneously purchased a travel trailer, so the tent is no longer needed.

The tent and awning are both in excellent condition. There are some very light scratches on the tent (from BC's finest bushes & branches), but that's the only wear & tear. The rear ladder bracket has been ground down in order to allow my SUV's hatch to clear. The side entrance is much more convenient in any case. If ever needed, this bracket can be easily ordered from AluCab, and it is held in place with just three bolts.

I upgraded to a CVT, telescoping ladder. It is wider than the original ladder, and much, much easier to store and use. The original ladder is also included.

I have also installed a CVT anti-condensation mat underneath the original mattress. While I haven't seen any condensation in this tent, I have seen it in other tents, and a similar anti-condensation mat helped significantly.

This is by far the best roof top tent money can buy, bar none. You can store a ton of bedding in it, it sets up/packs away in seconds, has interior LED lighting and 12v + USB ports, and a huge mattress (over 80" of length) for us tall people. I've owned three roof top tents and have seen dozens of others. AluCab quality is without question the best of the best. The roof can be used for storage, and has channels that accept M8 carriage bolts for tie-downs or load bars.

The 270-degree awning is similarly incredibly well engineered and sets up by a single person in 30 seconds. While there is a support pole, it is not necessary to use it, as the awning is completely free standing.

Retail price on the tent is $5800.
Retail price on the awning is $2150.
Mounting the awning to the tent requires $200 of brackets, and $300 of labour (3 hours).
The CVT ladder was $220.
The CVT anti-condensation mat was $200.

That's $8870 + tax = $9934 CAD.

Asking $7700; a ready to go setup at a huge discount.

In no rush to sell and low ball offers will not be entertained. Serious inquiries only.

Optional extras:

I have three RhinoRack vortex cross bars, with RhinoRack RCH6 feet, which I can sell with the tent. The tent is currently mounted to these cross bars. All your vehicle would require are the vehicle-specific "base pads" from RhinoRack, and this setup would bolt on in a matter of minutes. Retail price on these items is $605CAD after tax. Willing to sell these items for $400.

I have an Exped Megamat DUO 10 LW, in red colour. This is an absolutely perfect fit in the AluCab, is very well insulated (R9) and is incredibly comfortable. Used for only four nights and it is in perfect condition. Retail price for this is $475; will sell for $360.

Cxw5ePV.jpg

JBpCyjj.jpg

jLpjEXg.jpg

71k1W8z.jpg

2qgmuAU.jpg

9TDyatn.jpg

MfmtZY1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice setup and clean post. Could you give me the closed exterior dimensions? I too am in no rush, so at your convenience. I’ve been looking at a JB rtt but am coming around to alucab. Thanks for your time. Dan

Nice setup and clean post. Could you give me the closed exterior dimensions? I too am in no rush, so at your convenience. I’ve been looking at a JB rtt but am coming around to alucab. Thanks for your time. Dan

Sure thing!

Highest point on the tent is 11” above the surface the tent sits on.

The length, from the outer edge of the handle (rear) to the outer edge of the hinges (front) is 93”. The awning extends approximately 7 1/2” in the front, and is even with the handle in the rear.

The width is 56 3/4” from one outer track to the other. Ladder mounting brackets protrude another 1 1/2”. The awning protrudes 7” on the other side.

Sure thing!

Highest point on the tent is 11” above the surface the tent sits on.

The length, from the outer edge of the handle (rear) to the outer edge of the hinges (front) is 93”. The awning extends approximately 7 1/2” in the front, and is even with the handle in the rear.

The width is 56 3/4” from one outer track to the other. Ladder mounting brackets protrude another 1 1/2”. The awning protrudes 7” on the other side.
Thank you for sharing that info! Very helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom